Road Biking: Convince Me - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    ah, just found out its a medium, I can't believe he went for that small of a bike. Nevermind...
    Thanks anyway.

Brian

ah, just found out its a medium, I can't believe he went for that small of a bike. Nevermind...
    Well it's a free ride / mini DH rig. Those types of bikes ussually don't come in XL sizes as most people like to use a much smaller frame than for normal trail riding. Most people I know with FR/DH bikes ride a size or two down from their normal scoot.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Well it's a free ride / mini DH rig. Those types of bikes ussually don't come in XL sizes as most people like to use a much smaller frame than for normal trail riding. Most people I know with FR/DH bikes ride a size or two down from their normal scoot.
    Agreed, but at 6' 3", I expected he'd be on a Large.
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

Hmm, 7" of travel on a XC bike. That's almost exactly what I'm looking for, a XC-freeride crossover. Only thing I'd be worried about would be the strength of the frame if I end up taking it DHing a lot.

But it would mean no Whistler this summer. Decisions, decisions.
    Last edited by mondeo; Mar 12, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
    2009-2010:
    Killington: 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/6, 12/10, 12/12, 12/13, 12/22, 12/23, 1/1, 1/2, 1/9, 1/10, 1/23, 1/24 (15)

Ski Sundown: 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 12/30, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/11 - 1/22, 1/26-1/30 (27)
    EH XC: 12/21 (1)
    WNY XC/NELSAP BC: 12/29 (1)

Total: 44

Let me know if you want Johns contact info, the bike is in Tolland.

We did a 22 mile road ride yesterday, my wife loved her road bike, its the first time she rode that long and didn't complain of soreness, seems to be a good deal.

We did a 22 mile road ride yesterday, my wife loved her road bike, its the first time she rode that long and didn't complain of soreness, seems to be a good deal.
    Worth it's weight in gold right there!
    Brian

I'm probably going to go looking at road bikes this week.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Double vs Triple

My wife and I had a discussion before she went to the LBS about double vs triple cranksets - she had done a lot of research on her own as well. The bike she got has a double. We live in a very hilly area - any ride around here is going to involve climbing for sure. I question whether she should have a triple, she was struggling at times. Of course it is early in the year and she's only going to get stronger from here. That said her easiest gear is pretty low, I'm sure she'll be fine eventually.

I'm resisting the urge to buy a road bike. For now I can keep up to my wife when she's on her road bike, but damn the efficiency on a road bike is crazy. I have a feeling she'll be kicking my butt on the road in a few weeks. She needs to get comfortable on those skinny tires, obviously a lot different than even "narrow" slicks on a MTB.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I'm probably going to go looking at road bikes this week.
    Same here, Maybe we can get Suburban to give is a volume discount

Thread Information