• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/6 Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
Well, I figured I'd start another one of these for tomorrow's storm. Looks like another changeover to rain for southern New England, but hopefully the North Country will get some more snow...

J

jlangdale

The dump we had the other day was nice way to come off last Sunday and Monday perfect temp clear blue sky ski days. Although, I heard the pow turned to a mashy leg burning chop late day.

I hope this next storm brings a dry snow fall like we had on January 20th. Even before the dump the other day, tree sking last Sun/Mon was awesome at Sugarbush. I can't imagine what kind of crazy virgin stashes we're going to have laying in wait this Sunday morning.

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
I think north of Laconia, NH will get all snow. I think ragged/cannon/ attiatsh will get the most snow out of this storm. I would expect any of those mountains to come in with more than a foot. However it will be that wet snow not powder. Thats what i think

porter

skijay

2 to 5 inches for Windsor Locks, CT (Bradley International Airport) area. I hope there is no rain / freezing rain / sleet with this.

Greg

Staff member
Still snowing like crazy even down in New Haven. We must have 3-4 inches by now. Please, please, let's hope this changeover holds out as long as possible...

Greg

Staff member
The coast of CT is getting freezing rain now. :( I hope the mountains hold out and get as much snow as possible...

teachski

Website
teachski.com
No School here today. I think that the Superintendent thought twice about this one because the call came in late. On Wednesday he didn't call a delay or anything and the driving was horrible at 6:30 am. Several teacher's from my school had accidents. I did a lot of slipping and sliding and my normally 1/2 hour drive took well over an hour.

It's snowing well here now. I hope all the rain stays south. I went skiing last night and it was awesome! I'd like to see the great skiing stay around for a while.

Greg

Staff member
Got a report from home that the freezing rain has made it all the way up to Watertown, CT already. Lame. Please leave the mountains be! :-?

skican

It's freezing rain here in Wilmington, MA. Got an update from Cannon this morning, they are calling for snow! Here it is in case you are interested.
Cannon Snow Conditions
Comments: Updated at 6:30 am on February 6, 2004

Comments: Snow flurries have started, just the begining of what looks like a nice storm moving in. We could see 8-10 inches of new snow by morning, this will enhance the already good conditions. With enough snow we could see more terrain open by morning. Lifts are scheduled to operate starting at 9am today. This weekend is our Mardi Gras celebration on Saturday!! WODS will also be here on Saturday.

MtnMagic

Great news here in the North Country: at mid day it's still all snow and accumulating nicely. Weather reports for the Northern Whites are saying about 6" will fall. This weekend should see lots of skiing!

ChileMass

Still !@#@!%$#@! raining here in eastern Worcester county.....so much for a planned trip to Sunapee today.....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
So how did you fare up north? Here in the Northwest Corner of Connecticut, we have one big, slushy, wet mess. I'm so disappointed. With temps expected to be in the upper 30s/low 40s today, it won't get any better either. :(