• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skiing the Mother Lode

Warp Daddy

This is getting to be a North Country love fest. Love talking with you, Warp. I miss home. You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the "North Country" out of the boy. It is truly a different world up there. Only we know.

Yep its good to speak with a "homie" :D and a smart one to boot ---- c'mon back man it a damn FINE life up here AS U KNOW

Puck it

Yep its good to speak with a "homie" :D and a smart one to boot ---- c'mon back man it a damn FINE life up here AS U KNOW

Wish we could, but no jobs for me or the wife up there. I could teach at one of the universities but the wife is a CMO for a software company.

Warp Daddy

Wish we could, but no jobs for me or the wife up there. I could teach at one of the universities but the wife is a CMO for a software company.

HELL YEAH WITH your QUALIFICATIONS YOU MOST ASSUREDLY WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION TO THE FACULTY !! But as you also know the salary "hit " would be an issue for you both .

I made the decision to opt for lifestyle when the Queen and I moved up here 45 yrs ago . I thought we'd be up here till i finished grad school then bolt and make my fortune :D BUT the damn North Country lifestyle HOOKED me on ambiance here . ---- Got no regrets and managed to make some decent coin too . But i am the "poor educator" in my family of CEO's Medical Pros etc -- but hey 4 me IT WORKED

Well maybe u guys can retire up here with a nice Riverside place !!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This is getting to be a North Country love fest. Love talking with you, Warp. I miss home. You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the "North Country" out of the boy. It is truly a different world up there. Only we know.

I gotta get back to my home town. My sis did a few years ago and found that all the peeps had died or moved away over 40 years. The only dude I know anymore is that Hell's Kitchen daredevil trying out for Olympic boarder cross! :razz:

I love Lake Placid now that I ski. Wwhen we lived up there we hated LP because that is where my dad's old junk-mobile would always break down on snowy nights returning from State Police service calls. We pulled it back home (yeah, over the mt. hills) with a rope. Kind of exciting for a kid! The bumpers never quite looked right after those times. :)

Puck it

I gotta get back to my home town. My sis did a few years ago and found that all the peeps had died or moved away over 40 years. The only dude I know anymore is that Hell's Kitchen daredevil trying out for Olympic boarder cross! :razz:

I love Lake Placid now that I ski. Wwhen we lived up there we hated LP because that is where my dad's old junk-mobile would always break down on snowy nights returning from State Police service calls. We pulled it back home (yeah, over the mt. hills) with a rope. Kind of exciting for a kid! The bumpers never quite looked right after those times. :)

Where were you from again? I forgot you were from up there too.

Warp Daddy

Hey Bill ---Yah Mean that crazy ole crippled bald bastid that hangs out in Da Burg :D:D??

Glad to have you and Puckster get yer rears back up here ta God's country , But Billy Boy i ain't huckin no more cliff bands -- No NOT ever -- i'm still achin like a Sumbitch 2day --

well on second thought mebbe won't do one again ( till next year)

Damn the Golden Knights are coming out of the woodwork in this thread ---- :D.. Betcha u 2 still got some sliderules and pocket protectors too -- Aw shit the devil made me say that -- you guys RULE !!![/QUOTE]

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey Bill ---Yah Mean that crazy ole crippled bald bastid that hangs out in Da Burg :D:D??

Glad to have you and Puckster get yer rears back up here ta God's country , But Billy Boy i ain't huckin no more cliff bands -- No NOT ever -- i'm still achin like a Sumbitch 2day --

well on second thought mebbe won't do one again ( till next year)

Damn the Golden Knights are coming out of the woodwork in this thread ---- :D.. Betcha u 2 still got some sliderules and pocket protectors too -- Aw shit the devil made me say that -- you guys RULE !!!
[/QUOTE]

I always read newzjunky to see if your names shows in the police blotter :razz:
Huckin' cliffs - that's apres-ski is for - lies at the bar! :spread:

I only did slide rules for about 5 years. Then the MITS calculator came out and after that the TI-80 which just about broke the poor student's bank account at $130 !

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Where were you from again? I forgot you were from up there too.
Massena. Land of snowpiles that don't go away until June! :razz:

My mother considered it to be the "gold standard" town. Kind of like Andy of Mayberry. Everyone went to Floyds for their haircut and got that crap gel in their hair. Everybody knew everyone else, for good or bad. We'd get in trouble or too far from home, someone was quick to call my parents :(
Hey Warp, remember Western Union with those little strips of letters pasted on a piece of paper?

Warp Daddy

I always read newzjunky to see if your names shows in the police blotter :razz:
Huckin' cliffs - that's apres-ski is for - lies at the bar! :spread:

I only did slide rules for about 5 years. Then the MITS calculator came out and after that the TI-80 which just about broke the poor student's bank account at $130 ![/QUOTE]

Newzjunky !!!! -- a daily must read up here -- always havin PHUN raggin the politicians in Mayor Grahams Blog or the River City Blog -- its Sport in the morning with my cup 'o joe

Of course: I 'm showing my vintage with that assumption :D bout sliderules , but i remeber our student back in the day with them hanging off their belts like Machetes :D
My kid bro Clarkson '78 probably did the same too

Puck it

Holy Shit - U play for Clarkie ? Know John Denio ?

I played for Goobie Goolden(sp?) in hockey. Clarkie and Denio does not ring a bell. Were they hockey?

Pinky was my baseball coach
And the show Human Target on Fox, his father was my football coach

Puck it

My daughter and son are Blue Devils classes of 84 and 87

I broke the mold for my clan. Last one except for my neice and nephew which were later. Sis's kids went to Motown.

Did your kids have Mr Florin 11th grade History or Ms Wagner for 12th grade English.

I would have known some people from that class. The flower shop up by the hospital owners daughter may have been an 84 could have been an 83 though.

Warp Daddy

I played for Goobie Goolden(sp?) in hockey. Clarkie and Denio does not ring a bell. Were they hockey?

Pinky was my baseball coach
And the show Human Target on Fox, his father was my football coach

Unfarkin real !!! Mark Valley is a friend of the family He went to school with my kids and his 2 sisters are actresses too . theyt are in NY and La and doing plays and commercials

Gary Goolden and Wayne Houmiel ( Football with Valley ) and Valley are all friends . Pinky was AWESOME guy he coached m y kid . My kid was track . XC and footbal played 4 yrs at UB in track and XC . The queen was a Jr High librarian there and One of my ski buddies is Plimpton the principal who also worked in football.

Damn -- what small world .Glad to find out -- we both probably know many of the same people

Clarkie must have come on right after Goolden to coach Hockey . Denio was a "horse" in the late 70's in hockey he lives 3 houses up from me and we're pretty tight too.

Warp Daddy

I broke the mold for my clan. Last one except for my neice and nephew which were later. Sis's kids went to Motown.

Did your kids have Mr Florin 11th grade History or Ms Wagner for 12th grade English.

I would have known some people from that class. The flower shop up by the hospital owners daughter may have been an 84 could have been an 83 though.

LMAO -- yeah ole Wilber was a piece o work . my kid LOVED him he had nicknames for everybody -- called my kid "Crazy Horse" -- ROFLMAO

Yeah and Leslie Farrand ( Now in NYC) was a friend and classmate of my daughter who lives now in Littleton with her Clarkson husband who was All Northern guard for Valley at OFA . he graduated in 84 too .