• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skiing the Mother Lode

Puck it

I play mostly at new course at Brier Hill - love the new baCK 9 --'SPECIALLY THE LAST 3 IN THE WOODS .
Also play Waddington and the CC here . Play a month in the fall in the LG / Glens Falls region and over near you in 495 land -- play in Westminster and a shorter course Chelsmford CC about 5 miles from my daughters place in Littleton.

Funny u mention's Augie's house.

We almost bought the one on the Library park on the River 3 yrs ago. -- Freaking standstone mansion all done over 9 brs and 9 marble Baths and a 1600 sf carriage house with full English gardens and a 3 rd floor the entire length of whicjh is a media room with towers that look out over the River from the International Bridge to Lighthouse Point all for 315K .-- go figure

I was trying to get my son and DIL both Hospital Pharmacists to move back here from Manhattan and figured me and the Queen would take the first floor suite :D -- but alas couldn't budge them from their brownstone a block off Cent Park in the west 80's . Its been in her family for decades and is a super location for them . It was TOO damn much house for me and the Queen so we stayed put :D

I have played in Brier Hill once before the other nine was put in though. We play Waddington, not a bad course but conditions can be bad. Next time you are down. Play Meadow Creek in Dracut. Well kept course and front nine is totally different then back. Also try Tewksbury CC, great club course, short nine hole course though. Trull Brook in Tewksburk along the Merrimack is a nice course.

Warp Daddy

I have played in Brier Hill once before the other nine was put in though. We play Waddington, not a bad course but conditions can be bad. Next time you are down. Play Meadow Creek in Dracut. Well kept course and front nine is totally different then back. Also try Tewksbury CC, great club course, short nine hole course though. Trull Brook in Tewksburk along the Merrimack is a nice course.

Great suggestions !! Shorter courses are ok for me now . After i had the triple bypass surgery in 09 i have lost distance since they split ya open like a breast o' chicken and literally chicken wire your damn chest together again

Hey : I'll take strokes any way i can get 'em partner :D:D

Warp Daddy

Nope, sorry.

So much for everyone knowing everyone!

Lmao --------- Yeah well its a "BURG" thing Bill .

Everybody here gets the local skinny at "Chez Phillippe" ( Phillips Diner) where the elite :D:D:D meet to eat and BS . It is an INSTITUTION and generates more accurate "pertinant poop from the group " than any newspaper or talking heads in the North Country

Puck it

Lmao --------- Yeah well its a "BURG" thing Bill .

Everybody here gets the local skinny at "Chez Phillippe" ( Phillips Diner) where the elite :D:D:D meet to eat and BS . It is an INSTITUTION and generates more accurate "pertinant poop from the group " than any newspaper or talking heads in the North Country

And have a beer at "The Place" or wings at Vinny's.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
the thing I hate about saying you're from New York State is that peeps only think of one thing - "the city" I've lived in two of the most distant reaches of NYS, as far as six hours away. "Oh, you must get into the city a lot?"

Wishing you a quick recovery - keep active, don't let it get you in a funk!

Warp Daddy

the thing I hate about saying you're from New York State is that peeps only think of one thing - "the city" I've lived in two of the most distant reaches of NYS, as far as six hours away. "Oh, you must get into the city a lot?"

Wishing you a quick recovery - keep active, don't let it get you in a funk!

Thanks Bro !!! U know me i'll keep smilin n' tryin till they plant me :D

I'm still sore BUT i did an HR in the gym yesterday that's progress -- i figure it's gonna be a Sloooow process but i'm optimistic .

And BTW -- UR RIGHT on target about the NYS perception of many . Hell as u KNOW we're more Soputhern Ontario than NNY :D

Puck it

Thanks Bro !!! U know me i'll keep smilin n' tryin till they plant me :D

I'm still sore BUT i did an HR in the gym yesterday that's progress -- i figure it's gonna be a Sloooow process but i'm optimistic .

And BTW -- UR RIGHT on target about the NYS perception of many . Hell as u KNOW we're more Soputhern Ontario than NNY :D

You are from upstate. White Plains or Yonkers? Then I say farther. Then they say Kingston. I then laugh.

When I was young I went to Ottawa more the DC. I went to DC for the first time in 11th Grade. I spent most of my winters playing hockey in Canada and skiing in the Laurantians.

Warp Daddy

You are from upstate. White Plains or Yonkers? Then I say farther. Then they say Kingston. I then laugh.

When I was young I went to Ottawa more the DC. I went to DC for the first time in 11th Grade. I spent most of my winters playing hockey in Canada and skiing in the Laurantians.

Yeah many i meet are amazed when i tell them that we GO SOUTH to ski Whiteface or anything in VT 'cept Jay

Puck it

I had been to canada many times by age 16 but had never been in another state.

I went to Vt for the first time when my older brother went to Plattsburgh State and we took the ferry. Canada was a second home for me.