• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski day on Steep And Cheep today ...

wa-loaf

When you're pinned by a boulder in a slot canyon and you realize that you were too badass to tell anybody where you were going, there's no better friend in the world than your Victorinox Camper Knife and Simmons Binocular Combo. The Camper knife features a large blade, a small blade, and a bone, er, wood saw to help you out of a squeeze, plus a ton of other useful features. Once you've hacked your way out of the slot canyon, you can use your remaining arm to scan the horizon for help with your Simmons Binoculars. These 8x magnification binoculars feature ruby-coated lenses and a rubber coating to protect them if they are dropped. The included case is perfect for added protection or for carrying any severed body parts that you may want to scrapbook.

RD.jpg

:-o

wa-loaf

I'm looking at these, but I have not heard of Coreupt:

17734-lookcoreupt-2010-px-15-ski-bindings-100mm-brake-xl.jpg

They're a version of the Look PX15.

I thought about it, but I don't really need a 15 DIN binding. I usually keep mine at 9, so a 12 DIN is just fine for me and I save $30.

Coreupt is just a boutique French ski company.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I thought about it, but I don't really need a 15 DIN binding. I usually keep mine at 9, so a 12 DIN is just fine for me and I save $30.

Coreupt is just a boutique French ski company.

I guess from what I have read Coreupt is Look/Dynastar's new park ski company.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I guess from what I have read Coreupt is Look/Dynastar's new park ski company.

Yeah, these days they're just slapping a new name on the same bindings. They look identical to my Dynastar branded bindings that came with my Mythic Legend fluids. |Query - - Wasn't that practice, of just putting a different brand name on the same product, one of the things that brought on the demise of General Motors?

wa-loaf

Yeah, these days they're just slapping a new name on the same bindings. They look identical to my Dynastar branded bindings that came with my Mythic Legend fluids. |Query - - Wasn't that practice, of just putting a different brand name on the same product, one of the things that brought on the demise of General Motors?

Meh, the Heads are really Tyrolia's. I think Salomon and Marker are the only one's I've never seen rebranded.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

This is nothing new for Dynastar. I've come to the realization that all my skis are the same brand, even though they're not: Roxy Sugahs with Roxy bindings, Dynastar Marie Martinod Pro skis with Look bindings. Rossignol S6 Koopmans with Rossignol bindings. All the same company, just different brand names.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Meh, the Heads are really Tyrolia's. I think Salomon and Marker are the only one's I've never seen rebranded.

Kastle rebrands Marker bindings for their skis

why I know a fair amount about a brand of skis I'll never be able to afford?? too much dreaming I guess :lol:

wa-loaf

Kastle rebrands Marker bindings for their skis

why I know a fair amount about a brand of skis I'll never be able to afford?? too much dreaming I guess :lol:

I knew they used Marker, didn't realize they rebranded them as Kastle bindings.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Anyone need skins?

REDC.jpg

Maybe, but I don't like the clips for the tips.

And guess what is back?

BK.jpg

Developed by Thag the Conquerer in 406 B.C., the SOG Double Headed Axe is one of the oldest items that has been in continuous production. (Yes, beer is older.) But, according to Thag, the Double Headed Axe would never even have been invented if it weren't for beer. Thag also maintains, 'UNGH,' and 'AWGH,' and a few other guttural sounds that we didn't know how to spell. What he's trying to say is that the Double Headed Axe is based on the construction and durability of the Tomahawk. It can shape and split wood if you're out camping or sculpting those ridiculous bear-shaped front-door decoration things. It can also be used during military operations for breaching or extraction. The stainless steel head is mounted to a ballistic polymer handle with heavy-duty bolts and a steel ferrule to stand up to any punishment that you can dish out, whether you're chopping wood or lopping off zombie heads.