• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Azone on iPad

Shredder of Gnar

Layout is totally different when viewing, and I get a blank screen when I try to login -- Kzone and other similar forums all look the same on iPad as on Windows. Anybody know what's up with this?

Puck it

Azone put you into the mobile site and there is no way around it with Safari. Download atomic web app and set it to mimic ie.

Glenn

Is there a way for the Admin's to change that? The same issue popped up over on mtsnow.com. The tech guy was able to change a setting on his end for the iPad....but still sent the iPhones to the mobile site.

If not...maybe have an option to select mobile or regular form view?

Puck it

Old news on the Atomic. Atomic still has the problem with flash, but Skyfire does handle some flash though. I switched. Trying help only.

Last edited:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Is there a way for the Admin's to change that? The same issue popped up over on mtsnow.com. The tech guy was able to change a setting on his end for the iPad....but still sent the iPhones to the mobile site.

If not...maybe have an option to select mobile or regular form view?
I think it should be rather simple. There's CCS "stuff" that detects browser type and then renders the page accordingly.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
There is a mobile version of the site, and the problem is that iPad's default browser identifies itself as a mobile browser, so that's what we display.

FYI, you can use Tapatalk on the iPad. I thin it's like $3 but I use it regularly, it works really well. A must if you use forums at all, IMO.

Puck it

There is a mobile version of the site, and the problem is that iPad's default browser identifies itself as a mobile browser, so that's what we display.

FYI, you can use Tapatalk on the iPad. I thin it's like $3 but I use it regularly, it works really well. A must if you use forums at all, IMO.

I was using Atomic but vimeo does load in it, but YouTube does. Does that allow vimeo to load? Skyfire allows vimeo to load. I think it is about $4. Take a look at it. I handles FB but I do not use FB.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I was using Atomic but vimeo does load in it, but YouTube does. Does that allow vimeo to load? Skyfire allows vimeo to load. I think it is about $4. Take a look at it. I handles FB but I do not use FB.

I don't have an iPad (yet) :) just trying to suggest to those of you who do ;)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Did you ever look into this? I did notice the first time I went to the AZ site it tried to sell me Taptalk.

FWIW there is a free version of Tapatalk (read-only) and the paid version that let's you post.

Do you want me to send you $3.99 for Tapatalk? I guarantee you will enjoy the experience much more than the mobile site.

Another option: I can build a branded "custom" Tapatalk app that is strictly AZ (so you could download an AZ app from the app store and / or android market) ... downside is it's pretty expensive to do. Actually really expensive to do.

o3jeff

I see "switch to classic view" on my droid phone, but when I click it it does nothing! Will try it on the iPad later.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah... on a Droid you have to follow Brian's suggestion first.

You can probably set the user agent of the iPad's browser to desktop instead of mobile device, then websites will automatically give you the full version of the site. I'd assume that you wouldn't really want the mobile version of any site on the iPad??

then the link will work. Otherwise it keeps forcing you to the mobile site. I'm guessing that is why the iPad browser won't work; as I think it doesn't let you choose the user agent.

on a Android device:

Open browser
Menu --> Settings
Uncheck the "Mobile View" box.