• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

St. Patricks Day at Mount Snow.

ssusca

I found lift tickets on Liftopia for $17 at Mount Snow on St. Patrick's Day, but it says that you have to buy them by today. I then went on the Mount Snow website and the are saying all over the place that lift tickets are $17 for St. Patrick's Day. It doesn't say anywhere that they need to be purchased in advance. Does anybody know if this $17 price is the ticket window price or do I need to purchase the tickets in advance?

drjeff

I found lift tickets on Liftopia for $17 at Mount Snow on St. Patrick's Day, but it says that you have to buy them by today. I then went on the Mount Snow website and the are saying all over the place that lift tickets are $17 for St. Patrick's Day. It doesn't say anywhere that they need to be purchased in advance. Does anybody know if this $17 price is the ticket window price or do I need to purchase the tickets in advance?

Show up at the ticket window at Mount Snow on Thursday with $17 and you get a ticket. FYI, with the weather forcasted to be mid 50's and sunny(same as last year) and a GREAT St. Paddy's Day band/entertainment line up, get there EARLY, as last year they had roughly 10,000 people show up and the traffic heading up 100 to Mount Snow mid morning stretched a long way back

Glenn

Looking like the weather will deliver on Thursday! Have a great time.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
Show up at the ticket window at Mount Snow on Thursday with $17 and you get a ticket. FYI, with the weather forcasted to be mid 50's and sunny(same as last year) and a GREAT St. Paddy's Day band/entertainment line up, get there EARLY, as last year they had roughly 10,000 people show up and the traffic heading up 100 to Mount Snow mid morning stretched a long way back

Possible 10,000 people showing up has changed my mind about going to Mt. Snow for St. Patricks day. F that

drjeff

Possible 10,000 people showing up has changed my mind about going to Mt. Snow for St. Patricks day. F that

Last year was HUGE. I know many people in the Mount Snow admin that I've talked to about last year, from Food and Beverage, to Marketing, to general management that were just amazed at how many people showed up last year (like 3 to 4 times as many people as they thought might show up). This year, with a clsoe to carbon copy forcast, and the same priced lift tickets and great entertainment set up, they're prepping for a big crowd. But in all likelyhood, it will be a day that resembles a very big mid winter crowd if the forcast plays out like they're expecting. And by early afternoon (heck maybe even mid-morning) the base area will likely resemble one big beer garden, instead of a ski area

Black Phantom

Last year was HUGE. I know many people in the Mount Snow admin that I've talked to about last year, from Food and Beverage, to Marketing, to general management that were just amazed at how many people showed up last year (like 3 to 4 times as many people as they thought might show up). This year, with a clsoe to carbon copy forcast, and the same priced lift tickets and great entertainment set up, they're prepping for a big crowd. But in all likelyhood, it will be a day that resembles a very big mid winter crowd if the forcast plays out like they're expecting. And by early afternoon (heck maybe even mid-morning) the base area will likely resemble one big beer garden, instead of a ski area

Sounds like a blast. The ride back up 100 would be a bit dangerous though on the way home.

vonski

Last year went and it was a sweet day. get off the base at main face and carinthia and stay on Sunbrook in am. and northface later and there were no big lines to speak off. The base and carinthia different story. getting out of town go back roads to Haystack and then through condos to 100 other wise 100 to the light in town is a just stupid. learned the hard way last year not thinking about it. Park at Carinthia as well. cause last year line of cars to get into main base area.

But it was sweet last year, can't make it this year. Enjoy all! and for 17 bucks a few minutes in lines is not bad gives time to drink beer that was in snow bank cooling down.

:spread: