• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Help choosing a ride?

Greg

Staff member
Sure I should be getting my taxes back this FRI so it would be perfect and I WILL be at sundown Sat...I will keep you updated on wether or not the money gets deposited in time.....This make me feel a bit better about the upcomming rains/warm weather....

Cory - once Nass dries out, I'll take you for an easy cruise. I haven't been on my bike since early August. Or was it July? Can't remember. Either way, I'll need to start out slow and easy. The Burlington (Nass) trail heads are probably 20 minutes for you. You seem like a stuntry kinda guy. If you decide to go that route, Nepaug will be like 6 or 7 minutes for you.

Hey - need a bike rack? I have a Thule 3-bike (trunk style) I could sell you. It's like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-962XT-Speedway-3-Bike-Trunk/dp/B0009XAMO2

$60 and it's yours.

planb420

Cory - once Nass dries out, I'll take you for an easy cruise. I haven't been on my bike since early August. Or was it July? Can't remember. Either way, I'll need to start out slow and easy. The Burlington (Nass) trail heads are probably 20 minutes for you. You seem like a stuntry kinda guy. If you decide to go that route, Nepaug will be like 6 or 7 minutes for you.

Hey - need a bike rack? I have a Thule 3-bike (trunk style) I could sell you. It's like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-962XT-Speedway-3-Bike-Trunk/dp/B0009XAMO2

$60 and it's yours.

Just may have to do that as I have a Lincoln and a bike wont fit in there!!! and if the wife grabs a bike as well we will be good.

Greg

Staff member
Just may have to do that as I have a Lincoln and a bike wont fit in there!!! and if the wife grabs a bike as well we will be good.

It's not going anywhere so no rush. Lemme know if/when you're ready. It's used, but still functional and decent. I think I might be missing a cradle or stabilizer, or both, but it's ready for 2 bikes at least....

MR. evil

could you part with it for around 100, that way I can get it tuned, get a full face helmet, ect...? I assume that its not too beat up and can take some more abuse from a totally new rider?

No need for a full face helmet just yet. Those things really suck for anything other than full on DH / FR type stuff with very little actual pedaling. I would also recommend not doing anything too crazy / big on your new-to-you ride. It's a lower end XC rig and not meant for it's wheels to leave the ground too often.

o3jeff

Sure I should be getting my taxes back this FRI so it would be perfect and I WILL be at sundown Sat...I will keep you updated on wether or not the money gets deposited in time.....This make me feel a bit better about the upcomming rains/warm weather....

Let me know.

planb420

No need for a full face helmet just yet. Those things really suck for anything other than full on DH / FR type stuff with very little actual pedaling. I would also recommend not doing anything too crazy / big on your new-to-you ride. It's a lower end XC rig and not meant for it's wheels to leave the ground too often.

Hopefully I dont break it...but if I do hopefully Im having fun when it happens!!!:razz:

planb420

The shop went over it last summer(probably 20 miles on it since) when my other bike had warranty issues. $125

I know its a longshot but do you still have this avail, as I know we did not hook up last season....

If not I'm again in the market for a intro level Mtn bike to get out there and ride this season, anyone know a guy that knows a guy looking to sell then let this guy know :smile:

o3jeff

I know its a longshot but do you still have this avail, as I know we did not hook up last season....

If not I'm again in the market for a intro level Mtn bike to get out there and ride this season, anyone know a guy that knows a guy looking to sell then let this guy know :smile:

I still have it, but it might be sold, will let you know if it falls thru.

planb420

I still have it, but it might be sold, will let you know if it falls thru.

no worries, if it falls through I should be good to purchase this Wed or Thurs if your down and now with the explorer it should be much easier to transport!