Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    i got there @ 11:15 today and skied the right line 3 times. moved to the left for a few before the comp. i did my qualifying run down the right side (and i was one of the last to go) and it was nothing like it had been earlier in the day
    Agreed! My qualifier I kinda held it together up top. By the time I faced off, and I was bucked around like a rag doll. Left line was way faster, but the bottom left air was tough for a hack like me. You had to fly into it to make the tranny. I skied it once and cased the nuckle hard.

very humbling experience to see the level of talent skiing there today.
    No kidding. Normally I would say, I've got some work to do. But the reality is I don't even think there's enough time in my life to come close to approaching that level of skiing.
    I ski double black diamonds.

i got there @ 11:15 today and skied the right line 3 times. moved to the left for a few before the comp. i did my qualifying run down the right side (and i was one of the last to go) and it was nothing like it had been earlier in the day

very humbling experience to see the level of talent skiing there today.
    I was worried arriving as when I left Tuesday they were still pretty lame after three days of skiing them in...after my first warm up run I thought the crew Thurs/Fri had done a real nice job skiing them in, but the lines weren't so deep that I was struggling...by the time I went as the last qualifier...they were quite deep. Felt like I was in slow motion out there.

My final thought, I should have used my GS skis that I had in the car... stiff and wider would have been the call for all the mush in the troughs today. Still would have been out of my league, but maybe not so timid...

Thanks to trooper Greg for his workmanlike effort all week and his general bump ambassadorship.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post

16 minutes so watch it at your own risk. i wasnt gonna put music in but all you can hear otherwise is wind ripping through the mic. so suck it if you dont like my choices.....
    6:55 - 7:35:

What. The. Fuck? That's a whole 'nother universe of skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I got video of his first ever run on Little Joe. Stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Sweet. Thanks brah!
    Check yo Facebook!

The Hammer's quarterfinal, the mens 18+ semis and finals:

Excellent group on the mountain for the comp! The sun playing hide and seek in the clouds made for some tricky lighting conditions and I got frustrated--only photographed qualifying. I have a lot of pictures to go through, but not tonight.

Not only was there phenomenal talent, but many very humble competitors.

Thanks again, madriverjack, for the jacket loan--and everything else! Fun hanging with you!

Grassi, that was so great that you got your little guy on the hill! What a cutie!

Greg, it looked like the girls were having fun--especially when they were tumbling down the snow mound. I bet your littlest will be competing in no time!

Thanks to mogulqueen and Bart for their hospitality Fri night!

Can't wait to see the video SkiDork comes up with! Both his kids did great in the comp!

It was fun hanging out at the bottom with the sparse crew--thanks, o3jeff!

Brian should have some picture to add to the thread, too, but he's passed out right now. Late night.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Greg, it looked like the girls were having fun--especially when they were tumbling down the snow mound. I bet your littlest will be competing in no time!
    Johnnypoach and my kids:

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    btw, who won, i had to bail and pick up my kids at a birthday party.
    18 year old kid named PJ, one of the K guys. Second was Waddams (?), think he's had only 1 WC appearance. 3Rd was Bobby, 4th Clifford. Bobby threw a Lincoln loop and backflip in the consolation dual but it was decided by the judges that they were corked.

Fun day. 180 is f'n fast, I pushed as hard as I could and he still blew my doors off. Still, happy to qualify right behind Frank. Tough field.

Quote Originally Posted by mondeo View Post
    Fun day. 180 is f'n fast, I pushed as hard as I could and he still blew my doors off. Still, happy to qualify right behind Frank. Tough field.
    Mike, you're well on your way. Nice 3's and combos today. And your overall mogul skiing is excellent. Even keeping up on the same part of the course with someone like Alan is an accomplishment. Nice work. And with time on your side, you're going to be scary soon...

And now everyone get out of the room before his head explodes...

Quote Originally Posted by mondeo View Post

Fun day. 180 is f'n fast,
    no shit.

Thread Information