• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition

2knees

I'd be happy with a 'hacks' division with no prize other than bragging rights, maybe a bronzed turd with the winners name on it or something. ;)

just call it the alpinezone division. cause thats who would be filling it up.

and the hell with a bronzed turd, we need the golden dumper trophy. we can engrave each years winner into the side of the "throne". instead of drinking from the cup like the bmmc, the winner can flush the toilet...

bvibert

Staff member
Agreed. Nice work Jarrod. You always keep the party going. Needed more Sheen quotes though. :lol:

Indeed a nice job Jarrod! I thought it was even better than last year, you mostly seemed to know the names of the competitors that were coming down, which was great! I think having you close to the action instead of up in the race shack worked out well.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com

and the hell with a bronzed turd, we need the golden dumper trophy. we can engrave each years winner into the side of the "throne". instead of drinking from the cup like the bmmc, the winner can flush the toilet...

hmm.... go on....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
If we have a posers comp on Ex, I may even be able to participate then. I know everyone's looking forward to evidence that I actually do ski. ;)

o3jeff

Have it this Saturday, since a lot of AZ'ers are going to Sugarloaf this weekend my only competition will be you, steveo and my 7 year old nephew!

bvibert

Staff member

I like that even better!

2knees

hmm.... go on....

I have your posters for this event. Just need to add some text to it.

dumper_air1.jpg

Greg

Staff member
I'll gladly compete in a hacks division.

Came across this pic from Bump or Bust III (first one on Gunbarrel):

3378582845_64e3009041_o.jpg

I guess the size of the kickers has changed a bit, huh?

Greg,
You should not sell yourself short. It amazes me how much all the Sundown guys have improved over the few years that I've know you. Keep going, you can always learn more.

No one should have any complaints about the Sundown course. It is what it is. I don't want another cookie cutter 200m course. I love this.

I would complain about no T Shirt, long wait times and some of the close calls. But hey, its mogul skiing.

My family had a blast and I was so proud of my kids for going big and being great sports and great brothers to each other. What this comp needs is more kids. Let's face it, few kids get into this sport. I am glad that the Sundown crew is supporting it in such a big way. Chris clearly understands the niche.

That Pic above is Spencer, boy has he grown.

I condensed some of the shots Robin took:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104145002472724772294/SundownMogulTheJumps#

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Greg,
You should not sell yourself short. It amazes me how much all the Sundown guys have improved over the few years that I've know you. Keep going, you can always learn more.

No one should have any complaints about the Sundown course. It is what it is. I don't want another cookie cutter 200m course. I love this.

I would complain about no T Shirt, long wait times and some of the close calls. But hey, its mogul skiing.

My family had a blast and I was so proud of my kids for going big and being great sports and great brothers to each other. What this comp needs is more kids. Let's face it, few kids get into this sport. I am glad that the Sundown crew is supporting it in such a big way. Chris clearly understands the niche.

That Pic above is Spencer, boy has he grown.

I condensed some of the shots Robin took:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104145002472724772294/SundownMogulTheJumps#

We're stoked that you guys are stoked. T-shirts... next time.... Long wait times... we've already sacrificed our token red-hed park guy to the mogul gods and we're going to computerize the brackets for next time. basically, i printed a form that was useless and had to make a new one on the fly. my mistake that Frank caught... i owe that dude beers.

we're going to try something in a slope style format with the kids that should get some kids into bumps a bit... if for nothing else it'll be part of the comp... king of the mountain style....

i and i'm sure i can speak for chris and kurt, pride ourselves on not making identical , cookie cuttercourses. we're doing these events to be different.