• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition

o3jeff

I'm trying to remember what Jarrod called Gregs first jump on his qualifying run, was something like the running man or something dance!

Had a good time spectating there, good to see everyone. I don't know how you guys do it, but I even felt a little hung over yesterday from watch all the beer you guys drank and I don't even drink!

SkiDork

some pics Jake took.

1st person - unknown
2nd person - Amanda (??)
3rd person - Jeanine

IGP0445.jpg

The 1st one is Alta Curtis, womens winner

SkiDork

I got every single run. 20GB of footage. I'm starting to cull through it now. Thanks to the names announcing this year it is much easier (Thanks Jarrod).

I will be putting the times index for each run in the beginning so it will be easy to scroll to any run.

I'm hoping to have it up by tonight.

bvibert

Staff member
I got every single run. 20GB of footage. I'm starting to cull through it now. Thanks to the names announcing this year it is much easier (Thanks Jarrod).

I will be putting the times index for each run in the beginning so it will be easy to scroll to any run.

I'm hoping to have it up by tonight.

Can't wait to see the video. Thanks for doing it! :beer:

Sorry we didn't get to chat more during the event. I was impressed by your daughter breaking the ski though. Both of your kids did an awesome job, you should be really proud.

mondeo

is she the "pro" that some werent happy about?
Dork can correct me, but they brought down 4 NorAm competitors from KMS - 2 for 18+ women, 2 for 18+men. The swept the women's top 2, and Tyler Wadham got 2nd in men's. The other guy got Belsky'd and didn't make the top 32.

That's the double edged sword with $3K in cash on the line. It generates a lot of interest, but it also makes things serious for the people that have a reasonable shot at winning.

2knees

The other guy got Belsky'd and didn't make the top 32.

That's the double edged sword with $3K in cash on the line. It generates a lot of interest, but it also makes things serious for the people that have a reasonable shot at winning.

Belsky'd....:lol: i know its not funny but sorry, that's a new term i'll be using.

what happened, did they forget his bib number or something? i didnt hear anything about that on saturday.

SkiDork

Dork can correct me, but they brought down 4 NorAm competitors from KMS - 2 for 18+ women, 2 for 18+men. The swept the women's top 2, and Tyler Wadham got 2nd in men's. The other guy got Belsky'd and didn't make the top 32.

actually those 4 were not really full time noram competitors. They've all competed in the Killington NorAm but thats about it (maybe Whiteface). The full timers from the team were all in Finland for Euro Cup and Junior Worlds (Zemba won the duals which gives him an automatic C team bid!)

mondeo

actually those 4 were not really full time noram competitors. They've all competed in the Killington NorAm but thats about it (maybe Whiteface). The full timers from the team were all in Finland for Euro Cup and Junior Worlds (Zemba won the duals which gives him an automatic C team bid!)
Knew you'd clear it up. Figured they weren't quite as good as people were talking it up to be when a fairly quick Google of Wadham only turned up a East Regional result from last year.

Cool for Zemba making C team, the kid is scary good. Also explains why there weren't any corks being thrown on OL yesterday with the full timers in Europe.

2knees

regardless, i think you just have to remember where its being held. Its not USSA, Noram, NORAD or whatever. Its sundown. In new hartford ct. yes, there are some benjamins on the line for the better skiers, but for the guys that ski there all year, its awesome to see that kind of talent at sundown. i hope we get the same turnout next year.

Last edited:

moguler6

I was curious, to I looked them up. Elizabeth and Jeremy both skied 4 NorAms this year. Alta and Tyler both did 1. And despite the rumors flying around that day, turns out Tyler has never skied in a World Cup. Either way, all four are high ranked skiers and damn good. I'm actually surprised it took this long for some of them to show up and that more didn't come.

Thanks again Sundown and Suburban Sports for hosting this. It was tons of fun once again. Can't wait for next year.

gmcunni

regardless, i think you just have to remember where its being held. Its not USSA, Noram, NORAD or whatever. Its sundown. In new hartford ct. yes, there are some benjamins on the line for the better skiers, but for the guys that ski there all year, its awesome to see that kind of talent at sundown. i hope we get the same turnout next year and that the bickering over who should or should not be there doesnt wreck it.

unless they reinstate the commemorative T-Shirt i won't be "competing" next year.