• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition

Greg

Staff member
What I noticed about the course was the advantage of the left (red) line. Folks who were seemingly behind prior to the 2nd air always caught up or pulled ahead if they were skiing the red course.

Blue course up top was gnarly too, especially the tree line. But I liked the jumps a lot better and that's what had me freaked out so I was happy that's what I got.

Yep, that's what happens when the course bends. Plus I think the outside line of the red course had smaller bumps than the blue; there was a lot of people who weren't taking the lines directly into and out of the jumps.

Actually Iceman was commenting on his sister's final dual against Juliette - at times she was skiing out of the bumps and he thought Ally should get it because she stayed in the bumps the whole time. I think there were others who did that on the lower red section.

Red course at the bottom had a super easy line on the left. The judges were taking it into consideration. They even called Rick at the start and had him announce the the competitors to stay in the bumps.

2knees

Blue course up top was gnarly too, especially the tree line. But I liked the jumps a lot better and that's what had me freaked out so I was happy that's what I got.

Red course at the bottom had a super easy line on the left. The judges were taking it into consideration. They even called Rick at the start and had him announce the the competitors to stay in the bumps.

well if you think about it, we skied the middle line and the right line all week. nobody was really doing much on that left side until saturday.

And there were zero bumps on the far left side at the bottom. Like I said above, Dave went over there in his duel, smoked the guy on speed but lost. They definitely were paying attention to that.

Greg

Staff member
well if you think about it, we skied the middle line and the right line all week. nobody was really doing much on that left side until saturday.

And there were zero bumps on the far left side at the bottom. Like I said above, Dave went over there in his duel, smoked the guy on speed but lost. They definitely were paying attention to that.

I hear that happened. They even called up to the starter and had him remind everyone not to do that. When I heard about it, I assume he went to the easier line on the left, but he was indeed pretty much out of the bumps. Too bad, he's an awesome skier and probably would have beat the other guy in speed anyway.

frankm938

I dont think you could have a closer match then Frank and whoever he was skiing against. that and i dont think either one of them ever actually turned. :razz:

Also, Bart had KC for about 2/3rds of his duel. too bad he couldnt squeack that out.

my duel was against guy keefe (one of the killington rat packers). i might have made one turn somewhere around the forth or fifth bump, but then i quickly realized that if i turn, guy is gonna smoke me, so i just pointed em and hoped for the best.
i looking for a rematch at the bmmc!!

2knees

Too bad, he's an awesome skier and probably would have beat the other guy in speed anyway.

Yeah, he had him coming off the second jump and the line on that side was definitely faster. Dave kills it for sure, i think he just got greedy.

frankm938

did they not do t-shirts this year or did i have too many hookers and forget to get mine?

bvibert

Staff member
did they not do t-shirts this year or did i have too many hookers and forget to get mine?

They spent the t-shirt budget on fancy new bracket sheets to make the seeding go easier... ;-)

Seriously, it was an oversite this year, they should have them next year though.

skime

I don't know how much of an impact my efforts all week made. That run magically transformed from a few good lines yesterday at 3 pm to side to side legit man-eaters by the competition. Must have been the varsity squad that was practicing late yesterday afternoon...

I can tell you that after skiing that run for the last 6 out of 7 days for a total of probably 24 hours of mogul skiing has done a number on my body. My neck and lower back are cooked, and it looks like I'm dragging the girls around the hill tomorrow. Oof! :blink: I'll need a vacation from my vacation!

And my plan is to do it again next year. :spread:

sounds like you had a great time....hoping to be there next season for the bump comp....