• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo Mountan Coaster

ssusca

Has any body tried this yet? I'm going up to Okemo with the family this weekend for a CSC day (can't beat $35) and my daughter is dying to try this thing. I was looking at the prices and it seems a little steep. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is it worth the price?

2sons

Has any body tried this yet? I'm going up to Okemo with the family this weekend for a CSC day (can't beat $35) and my daughter is dying to try this thing. I was looking at the prices and it seems a little steep. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is it worth the price?

I've taken my boys to the one at Jiminy Peak and they love it. The price is steep and the ride doesn't last long, but kids love it. Expect your daughter to want to do it over and over again.:smash:

2knees

Umm,

could you define shit show? Does that mean the lines really suck or the coaster really sucks?

or is there actually shit all over the ground?

read the okemo 4/1/11 thread in trips and events.

in all seriousness, my neighbors were there this past weekend. they did it and said it was a total blast but the price was, as you can see, steep. they did it only once but would've loved to ride it a few times.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think you can get a season pass at Busch Gardens for like $65. $13 a ride is pretty outrageous when you try and compare the cost of such a ski resort attraction to what you'd expect to pay at an amusement park for a day pass to ride coasters that I'm sure are FAR superior to the mountain coasters out there.

I know when I was at Okemo earlier this season, I didn't see many folks using it. I'm a HUGE roller coaster fan. HUGE. Yet, no roller coaster I've ever ridden has ever put a smile on my face like skiing can because when I ski, I'm driving. I'm not sure the concept of amusement park type like ride really works for a ski resort. Ziplines seem a bit more appealing, but just a bit.

ERJ-145CA

I think you can get a season pass at Busch Gardens for like $65. $13 a ride is pretty outrageous when you try and compare the cost of such a ski resort attraction to what you'd expect to pay at an amusement park for a day pass to ride coasters that I'm sure are FAR superior to the mountain coasters out there.

I know when I was at Okemo earlier this season, I didn't see many folks using it. I'm a HUGE roller coaster fan. HUGE. Yet, no roller coaster I've ever ridden has ever put a smile on my face like skiing can because when I ski, I'm driving. I'm not sure the concept of amusement park type like ride really works for a ski resort. Ziplines seem a bit more appealing, but just a bit.

It's probably more of an added attraction for off-season revenue.

ssusca

I suppose we'll give it a try. What the hell..... We're saving a lot on lift tickets. But I'm gonna have to tell my daughter before we go that it will be only one ride.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Yeah but roller coasters go faster and do loops. .... roller coasters put huge smiles on my face but it's a totally different kind of experience from skiing. imo.

vdk03

If this interests you, you should check out the Alpine Slide at Bromley. That thing was a blast as kid in the off season. Its kind of like a roller coaster, but you control how fast you want to go. Be warned thought the carts can roll if your going all out around a few of the sharper corners.