• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotch Rash Question!!!! You have been warned!!!!

MtnMagic

Yeap, made just over the river in Lyndonville. Been using it for a varitey of things for more than 20 years. Great product that I even use on my dog. It works fine.

voodoochile13

My two cents. I bike and hike, and when doing long distance to avoid this issue, I use Udder Balm. Yes it is for cows. You can purchase it at any feed store and also department store. It works great. Avoid powders, they will get pasty.

skizilla

Thanks and solution

Thanks for all the ideas!!! I have bought some underarmor which is like tight wicking bike pants and it works well so far i have not put it to a really hard test yet but so far so good I also plan on using vaseline and bag balm to sooth/lubricate other sensitive areas.

Greg

Staff member
No, thank you, skizilla! Your little crotch rash thread resulted in the highest number of referrals from Google so far this month! :lol:

skizilla

Interesting

That I caused that much google interst is interesting and disturbing. Although i think what people said about me essentially having a grown up version of diaper rash is the most accurate descitpion of my condition I do not believe it is fungal. Congratulations on your google status.....how exactly did you find all this out. Curious.

Paul

Bump for GSS will be gone for awhile stoke!

I grew-up on a diary. I thought my Grandfather was crazy for using Bag-Balm. (On his heels ,they used to get so dry they'd split)

BeanoNYC

I grew-up on a diary. I thought my Grandfather was crazy for using Bag-Balm. (On his heels ,they used to get so dry they'd split)

Since reading about bag balm in this thread 2 years ago, I've been through a few of the larger tins. That stuff is something else. Great for dry skin in the winter.

bigbog

Yep!...

My wicking undershorts, whether it be for skiing or hiking....not quite as long as andyzee's riding shorts...but pretty close. Quad, glute, and butt exercises really help..

Moe Ghoul

Bag balm rules, anything that lubes a cow's udders must be good. I generally use it on my feet in the winter after I spent the summer and fall cheese grating my soles. Never had crotch rot and only a hemmy twice in 47 years, I consider myself lucky.

Mike P.

bag balm rules, I also agree on hot umid days jogging shorts help two. My first trip on Owl's Head in NH was brutal, the lat three miles I walked with my feet beyond shoulder length apart.

Now any time I have a 12+ mile day planned, I'm thinking jogging shorts & bag balm. A friend also swears by bodyglide