• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - AZ Summit 2.0 Weekend

bvibert

Staff member
heckuva shot B

Thanks DHS! It was way overexposed and I was too far away, but I really liked the action in the shot so I did my best to rescue it in post processing.

It was my first time skiing with the DSLR, because it's so bulky. But it worked out pretty well with the pack that I was wearing. I plan on taking it out more often in the future, hopefully I'll get a little better with some practice...

Warp Daddy

Nice report guys looks like some good times were had by all!,

Brian i just checked out your Flicker stuff -- some really cool action shots there of the entire posse . Good work.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks DHS! It was way overexposed and I was too far away, but I really liked the action in the shot so I did my best to rescue it in post processing.

It was my first time skiing with the DSLR, because it's so bulky. But it worked out pretty well with the pack that I was wearing. I plan on taking it out more often in the future, hopefully I'll get a little better with some practice...

that makes me want to shoot more. It's really hard to get good snow shots. I've got a DSLR and I wouldn't dare bring it on the mountain :smash:

Well, maybe I would but it wold really hinder my ability to ski the way I like to ski, haha. How did you even deal with the cold that day? I took my P&S out literally twice.

bvibert

Staff member
that makes me want to shoot more. It's really hard to get good snow shots. I've got a DSLR and I wouldn't dare bring it on the mountain :smash:

Well, maybe I would but it wold really hinder my ability to ski the way I like to ski, haha. How did you even deal with the cold that day? I took my P&S out literally twice.

Yeah, I was pretty apprehensive about bringing it out, but even with that fairly large pack I was using I didn't really notice it at all. I skied just the same with it there. The camera itself is an older model from Canon's pro-sumer line, so it's pretty sturdy. It also wouldn't be the end of the world if something were to happen to it, since it's several years old. The last thing I want to do it take something out on the mountain with me that I'm super worried about breaking.

As far as the cold goes; it didn't seem too bad on Sunday with the short amount of time I had my hands exposed. I did eventually figure out that I could open the bag and take pictures with my gloves still on, which made it a non-issue. With the sling bag I was able to stop and have the camera out, taking pictures in a matter of seconds. Sometimes a little longer when I didn't take my gloves off.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
heckuva shot B
Holy crap, no kidding. Nothing to be disappointed with there, B! Looks like you took the DSLR for that day? Nice results, especially the shots of Greg. I just jumped into the M4/3 market with an Oly E-PL2. Add on a pancake and it is jacket pocketable at the size of a 12 year old hefty digital P&S.

darent

Hey Drew, it was nice to hang out with you for a few runs and the Rack. Hope your wife can make it out next year.

jan was jealous and vows she will make it next year, good to see you again, had a great time skiing with you, see you next year

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Holy crap, no kidding. Nothing to be disappointed with there, B! Looks like you took the DSLR for that day? Nice results, especially the shots of Greg. I just jumped into the M4/3 market with an Oly E-PL2. Add on a pancake and it is jacket pocketable at the size of a 12 year old hefty digital P&S.

I've got a T2i. I love the pics it takes. But I can't take it skiing.

I brought my new pocket camera, a Canon S95 on the trip. But even that made me nervous, I yard saled at least 4x and that's exactly how I busted my old Canon SD800, by falling on my side and cracking the LCD.

I remember my dad skiing with us as a kid; constantly with the video camera out :smash:

bvibert

Staff member
Those are some sweet shots you got there Brian. Nice work!

Thanks guys!

Yeah Steve, I just took it out on Sunday. Now that I've done it once I'll be taking it out more often. That's a nice looking camera you got there. I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you!

MTN-FUN

well, he did have some serious armor on his ski pants; I don't think a match for his dome should be too hard to convince him of....... ;)

great skiing with you this weekend!!! How was Stratton on Monday?

Stratton was firm and fast! We had a good time blowing down most of our favorites. Believe it or not, we all actually thought it felt colder at Stratton than at Sugarloaf - it was a bit windier, I think. But, the beers in Grizzly's at lunch and apres ski warmed us right up! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
One thing I will always remember about the Summit this year is finally learning how to correctly pronounce wa-loaf's first name. :lol:

o3jeff

One thing I will always remember about the Summit this year is finally learning how to correctly pronounce wa-loaf's first name. :lol:

You should of seen Paul and I when we checked into the condo the first year with it under his name, we used the "J" as in the girls name!

WoodCore

Misery Whip!!

Here's some pics from the whip....

P10205621.JPG

P1020564.JPG

P10205651.JPG

P1020574.JPG

P10205751.JPG