Sugarloaf - AZ Summit 2.0 Weekend - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Have fun at the party! See you guys tomorrow some time. My big decision right now is whether I set the alarm for 4am or 5am for the 4 hour drive.

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    My big decision right now is whether I set the alarm for 4am or 5am for the 4 hour drive.
    If you're taking 16 North of Errol, be very careful of the deer - from the border to the CVR near Sugarloaf was mobbed with them last Sunday - never seen so many running in the road, just off the road, etc. To say we saw 100 within that relatively short drive would not be an understatement.

Chilling in the condo with Wayne and Roark. Back from the party. Good time, bit the food was a step-down from last year. 8:30am start at the super quad tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by threecy View Post
    If you're taking 16 North of Errol, be very careful of the deer - from the border to the CVR near Sugarloaf was mobbed with them last Sunday - never seen so many running in the road, just off the road, etc. To say we saw 100 within that relatively short drive would not be an understatement.
    Didn't see any deer. The frost heaves will eat a lesser suspension alive though.

Sorry I didn't hook up with you guys at Saddleback but the skiing was to good to stop. Had a great day with our crew in the glades though. Easily the best day of the year!
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

I was hoping to meet you guys for the Brackett Basin tour. Alas, it is not meant to be. Rip a few lines for me!
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Lots of lifts on wind hold today. T-bar saves the day. Woods are skiing great.

Just back from the hot tub...

Wa-Loaf is hogging the shower...

-w
    2018-2019:
    Ready to go
    2017-2018 - 21, 2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

Quote Originally Posted by WJenness View Post
    Just back from the hot tub...

Wa-Loaf is hogging the shower...

-w
    Did you share either one with him?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by threecy View Post
    I learned many years ago when driving to Saddleback that driving from Berlin to Errol is not the best way to get to Maine skiing from any where. Route 2 for both the Back and the Loaf. Not only less wildlife but also no worries about massive frost heaves.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thread Information