Sugarloaf - AZ Summit 2.0 Weekend - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Great day on the mountain today. I was nervous when I saw the extent of the lift holds. We turned a negative into a positive with many natural trails sporting an awesome layer of wind buffed pow. Great to finally ski with Greg, bvibert, and DHS again! Totally made my day. Also great seeing everyone else. Hope you guys have a great Sunday morning skiing before heading home.

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Great day on the mountain today. I was nervous when I saw the extent of the lift holds. We turned a negative into a positive with many natural trails sporting an awesome layer of wind buffed pow. Great to finally ski with Greg, bvibert, and DHS again! Totally made my day. Also great seeing everyone else. Hope you guys have a great Sunday morning skiing before heading home.
    Great skiing with you again RC. The day really turned around when we figured out that we could traverse from the top of the t-bar to the top of King Pine/Bracket Basin pretty easily.

Good times for sure!
    Brian

Sounds awesome. Somebody eat a Bag burger for me.

Great! Just great! Glad y'all are getting the cream and sugar of the season!

Talking

Having a blast skiing with everyone out here! It's really great meeting everyone. Conditions yesterday were fantastic, my favorite run was definitely the glades in Brackett Basin. Went to the terrain park in the late morning on Haywire and holy crap was it windy, the wind was almost blowing me uphill.

Spent the afternoon with my wife on the bunny slope after her lesson and then got down to some brews

Just suiting up now to hit the lifts for First Tracks! See you all out there!

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Thought the lift holds would be more serious myself so decided to stay home instead of booking a seat on the bus to Sunday RIver. But there would have been no problem . At least I got in the amount of skiing I usually do this year so any day I may choose to ski are just bonus days. At 16 MPH WNW winds gusting into the 30s, that has closed down SR and SL at times for the most part.

Report from Saturday

Greg on Bubblecuffer

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Great weekend. I will definitely be visiting Sugarloaf again despite the windy conditions! Can't wait to meet you all back on the hill )

Sorry I didn't get over to meet you guys...
    Friday afternoon...who calls but the friendly tele-female with daughter from the north-shore(MA)...who both love my backwoods excursions throughout the year. Had a great time up north for a day...but wanted to get over there this weekend, especially after being around Saddleback on Friday and witnessing the conditions. The non-traditional workweek for the employer distributed in Bangor really cuts into plans..
    Argghh, next season Greg..wherever! Good to see the weather cooperate.

bigbog/SteveD
    Last edited by bigbog; Mar 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Good to see the weather cooperate.

Thread Information