• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - AZ Summit 2.0 Weekend

WJenness

I wish the Bracket Basin tour had worked out. I guess one guy met at the bottom of Whiffletree anyway (despite it being on wind hold) and got a private tour of the mountain. My question is; who was it?

Yeah, I talked to him while de-booting in the lodge yesterday... Guy named Mike from RI... He mentioned his forum name to me, but I forgot what it was... Torch or something similar maybe? He said he was pretty much a lurker.

He said it was him, Ethan and three ski patrol.

Hopefully next year with phase II open we can get it going again.

-w

Greg

Staff member
I don't think we could have even made it over there for 11 am. We weren't positioned well with the line at the Superquad. And dummy me left my phone in the condo that morning so I had no way to contact anybody. Der.... :roll: Would have liked the tour as well.

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, I talked to him while de-booting in the lodge yesterday... Guy named Mike from RI... He mentioned his forum name to me, but I forgot what it was... Torch or something similar maybe? He said he was pretty much a lurker.

-w

I guess they got to cut the quad line... which would have been huge for me!

Let's hear all about it Mike from RI!!

wa-loaf

AZ stickers would be awesome. We've had some in the past, but nothing really widespread. It would be cool to get something like that going again. T-shirts too, but I don't think they'll be helpful out on the hill unless it's a nice spring day. I have one that I bought a long time ago, but it's getting pretty ratty. I'm not even sure if they're available for purchase anymore??

Race bibs? Or maybe big orange smocks like the blind skiers?

wa-loaf

-w

I guess they got to cut the quad line... which would have been huge for me!

Let's hear all about it Mike from RI!!

Yeah, somebody needs to come out of lurkerdom!

bvibert

Staff member
There were at least 2 imposters out there, though one was a snowboarder.

Tell me about it, everyone is copying my gnarly style. First it was the white helmet a few years ago, now it's the orange pants. Everyone used to comment how stupid, or girlie, my white helmet looked when I first got it. Now half the dudes on the mountain have one... :roll: :p

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Maybe we could attach some of those orange flags they use on the back of snowmobiles to our helmets?? :idea:

That is exactly what I was thining earlier, except maybe on the back of each ski.

Or we could just all wear some of these: --> :dunce:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
OT: What's up with "sagging" your ski pants? I saw at least 2 guys out there with ski pants literally around their knees.

bvibert

Staff member
OT: What's up with "sagging" your ski pants? I saw at least 2 guys out there with ski pants literally around their knees.

It's mostly a park rat thing. They're fighting the system... or something...

wa-loaf

One of these for everyone should work:

AZhelmet.jpg