• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - AZ Summit 2.0 Weekend

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
My big decision right now is whether I set the alarm for 4am or 5am for the 4 hour drive. :eek: :lol:

If you're taking 16 North of Errol, be very careful of the deer - from the border to the CVR near Sugarloaf was mobbed with them last Sunday - never seen so many running in the road, just off the road, etc. To say we saw 100 within that relatively short drive would not be an understatement.

wa-loaf

Chilling in the condo with Wayne and Roark. Back from the party. Good time, bit the food was a step-down from last year. 8:30am start at the super quad tomorrow.

roark

If you're taking 16 North of Errol, be very careful of the deer - from the border to the CVR near Sugarloaf was mobbed with them last Sunday - never seen so many running in the road, just off the road, etc. To say we saw 100 within that relatively short drive would not be an understatement.

Didn't see any deer. The frost heaves will eat a lesser suspension alive though.

Terry

Sorry I didn't hook up with you guys at Saddleback but the skiing was to good to stop. Had a great day with our crew in the glades though. Easily the best day of the year!

wa-loaf

Lots of lifts on wind hold today. T-bar saves the day. Woods are skiing great.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I learned many years ago when driving to Saddleback that driving from Berlin to Errol is not the best way to get to Maine skiing from any where. Route 2 for both the Back and the Loaf. Not only less wildlife but also no worries about massive frost heaves.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Great day on the mountain today. I was nervous when I saw the extent of the lift holds. We turned a negative into a positive with many natural trails sporting an awesome layer of wind buffed pow. Great to finally ski with Greg, bvibert, and DHS again! Totally made my day. Also great seeing everyone else. Hope you guys have a great Sunday morning skiing before heading home.

bvibert

Staff member
Great day on the mountain today. I was nervous when I saw the extent of the lift holds. We turned a negative into a positive with many natural trails sporting an awesome layer of wind buffed pow. Great to finally ski with Greg, bvibert, and DHS again! Totally made my day. Also great seeing everyone else. Hope you guys have a great Sunday morning skiing before heading home.

Great skiing with you again RC. The day really turned around when we figured out that we could traverse from the top of the t-bar to the top of King Pine/Bracket Basin pretty easily.

Good times for sure! :beer:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Having a blast skiing with everyone out here! It's really great meeting everyone. Conditions yesterday were fantastic, my favorite run was definitely the glades in Brackett Basin. Went to the terrain park in the late morning on Haywire and holy crap was it windy, the wind was almost blowing me uphill.

Spent the afternoon with my wife on the bunny slope after her lesson and then got down to some brews :beer:

Just suiting up now to hit the lifts for First Tracks! See you all out there!

mlkrgr

Thought the lift holds would be more serious myself so decided to stay home instead of booking a seat on the bus to Sunday RIver. But there would have been no problem :uzi:. At least I got in the amount of skiing I usually do this year so any day I may choose to ski are just bonus days. At 16 MPH WNW winds gusting into the 30s, that has closed down SR and SL at times for the most part.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Report from Saturday

Greg on Bubblecuffer

SAM_0989-800x599.jpg

SAM_0984-800x599.jpg

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great weekend. I will definitely be visiting Sugarloaf again despite the windy conditions! Can't wait to meet you all back on the hill :eek:)

bigbog

Sorry I didn't get over to meet you guys...
Friday afternoon...who calls but the friendly tele-female with daughter from the north-shore(MA)...who both love my backwoods excursions throughout the year. Had a great time up north for a day...but wanted to get over there this weekend, especially after being around Saddleback on Friday and witnessing the conditions. The non-traditional workweek for the employer distributed in Bangor really cuts into plans..
Argghh, next season Greg..wherever! Good to see the weather cooperate.

bigbog/SteveD

Last edited: