• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Mar 30-Apr 1st?

moguler6

Looking good :snow:

StormTotalSnowFcstZoomLR.png

hammer

How does the setup for this one differ from the April Fools Day storm? Just trying to get reassurances that this won't blow up into another 2' dump in the Boston area...

Glenn

I think today would be a great day for everyone to hit the carwash. That'll help things along.

wa-loaf

Snow tires are still on and the car hasn't been washed. But I did take the roof box of yesterday. :beer:

drjeff

The snowblower is being moved from in my garage into my storage shed tonight, and then while I'm out in the shed, I'll start up the lawn tractor, lawn mower and weed whacker to prep them for imminent use! That will help. Car wash happening at lunch time too! :lol: :snow:

BenedictGomez

I just heard this could be "extremely wet" snow. I'm not sure I've ever heard a weatherman use that term before. Not sure what that would mean for the skiing?

kingslug

I'm working Friday..but then again I worked last Thursday and Hunter only got 3 inches...so I have no idea how this will pan out...Sunday I'm at Hunter regardless...

drjeff

Another sign that this will deliver. The town my office is in is out like crazy today with the street sweepers cleaning up the winters supply of road sand!

MommaBear

Agreed! If the timing of this thing moved up about 6 hours, that would be a BIG plus for the road crews with respect to the late PM/early evening travelers on Friday

I'm thinking just bag Friday and drive up Thursday night! I love being a self-employed person who has no issues pulling her kids from school for fun. :smile:

Glenn

I'm thinking just bag Friday and drive up Thursday night! I love being a self-employed person who has no issues pulling her kids from school for fun. :smile:

Smart move! You can always hear how bad the drive was Friday after I post about it. :lol:

bigbog

for Downtown Rangeley:

Today & Tomorrow: low 40s
Friday thru Sunday: 36F-38F Highs.....think up on the mountain(Saddleback, and over on SL) it should be dry-enough snow...

drjeff

Smart move! You can always hear how bad the drive was Friday after I post about it. :lol:

The hope that I'm holding out for is that a key component of the accumulations of this storm will be an elevation dependent event, and if that's the case, the 1st 110 of my 140 mile ride won't be too bad, the last 30 could be "fun" though ;) :lol: :rolleyes: