• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Mar 30-Apr 1st?

buellski

thissucks.jpg

Still 12+ in central NH
headbang.gif

Magog Fishy

Been trying to figure this one out. Both NWS Burlington and NECN now have it tracking a little farther East, which could mean Cannon and SL/Back are the winners. However temps in N. VT might be colder for the event. Originally was thinking Burke for tom and Sat (with Jay as back-up). Definitely not driving-up again this week to Northern ME. Need to figure it out quickly if I’m to pre-position for tom, otherwise might wait and day trip Sat (perhaps Cannon; thought about Abram since $17 tickets and probably would have mtn to yourself, but I think elevation is too low for this).

Puck it

had my 1:1 with my boss today.. couldn't figure out how to work into the conversation taking a last minute day off as i was going through my project list explaiing how i was behind on everything...:-?

Do what I do. I tell him that I will email in morning at 530 if I am going to be out.

kingslug

SON OF A &&*&*$#&*

They've completely downgraded this storm.

Now they have the Catskills getting 5 or 7 inches down from 8-12

And southern Vermont to 6 to 8 inches from 14 - 17

And Northern Vermont looks like it will barely get more than 6 or 7 inches now

This sucks........ If it keeps shifting east any farther, it will be much ado about nothing. :( This will be the ultimate "play it by ear" tomorrow, but if Hunter only gets 1 or 2 inches less than Magic, I'll guess I'll just go to the Catskills and save some driving.

thissucks.jpg

well I'm going to Hunter..cause I don't believe that "they" can tell really how much the mountains will get..."they" have been wrong on both sides of the coin many times...

2sons

SON OF A &&*&*$#&*

They've completely downgraded this storm.

Now they have the Catskills getting 5 or 7 inches down from 8-12

And southern Vermont to 6 to 8 inches from 14 - 17

And Northern Vermont looks like it will barely get more than 6 or 7 inches now

This sucks........ If it keeps shifting east any farther, it will be much ado about nothing. :( This will be the ultimate "play it by ear" tomorrow, but if Hunter only gets 1 or 2 inches less than Magic, I'll guess I'll just go to the Catskills and save some driving.

thissucks.jpg
5-7", 6-8" or 6-7" is still a pretty sizable snowstorm for April 1st. I'm in Rhode Island this weekend, but if I were to pick and choose I'd hit Vermont- Southern, Central or NVT, dude wherever. The Catskills will be there when you get back.

UVSHTSTRM

Accuweather really is nothing, but a barometer for how things "might" go. If it isn't hitting a major city in a epic way they could give two shits about the sticks of the Northeast. They never really do any sort of in depth mountain forecast. I have a feeling that unless this thing just completely heads out to sea that the mountains of NY, Vt, Me, and NH will get 10 plus inches. Unlike the west coast the mountains are small in elevation and area and make it really tough for the none mountain specific weathermen to make any sort of accurate call.

BenedictGomez

Accuweather really is nothing, but a barometer for how things "might" go. If it isn't hitting a major city in a epic way they could give two shits about the sticks of the Northeast. They never really do any sort of in depth mountain forecast. I have a feeling that unless this thing just completely heads out to sea that the mountains of NY, Vt, Me, and NH will get 10 plus inches. Unlike the west coast the mountains are small in elevation and area and make it really tough for the none mountain specific weathermen to make any sort of accurate call.

The government data also yanked it back. Who knows, as has been said there's plenty of times they call for 17 and 7 falls, and they call for 7 and you get 17 inches. Man is not sophisticated enough to accurately predict the weather very well yet, but when they yank it down, it tends not be a good sign.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/aly/Past/Snow_PNS/StormTotalSnowFcst.png

MommaBear

Too late, already made the drive up. I guess we'll see in the morning whether it was worth it.

snoseek

Damn, I gotta hold out till monday/tuesday to get in on this. Life is starting to get busy. Tuesday could be ok in the north though.

BenedictGomez

Yup, this is exactly what I feared when it took such a dramatic shift east in such a short period of time. Sad Panda.

MommaBear

About 2 inches on the ground here in West Dover. Packy but light. Still snowing, but saw a report saying they were only calling for 4 to 8 now, vs the 6 to 12 last night. Weather warning still in place so I'm hoping at least 6.

Glenn

About 2 inches on the ground here in West Dover. Packy but light. Still snowing, but saw a report saying they were only calling for 4 to 8 now, vs the 6 to 12 last night. Weather warning still in place so I'm hoping at least 6.

Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed.

hammer

Do I even take out the snowblower for this one... or just let it melt in the next week?
I'm going to let it melt...

About 2-3 inches near Nashua...heavy snow, been outside trying to get it off of the trees over the driveway. Kiddos are delayed going to school. Hope the mountains got more.

ScottySkis

Yes thank you for update noaa still satin 5to9 inches for west dover so I think this weekend will be great for everyone