• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Mar 30-Apr 1st?

Glenn

I'll gladly take 6" of new snow when I roll up to the mountain on April 2nd. That just doesn't happen all that often. Sure, a foot plus would be sweet...but with late season snow, beggers can't be choosers.

gladerider

Exactly. This has turned into a total bust. The Magic/Bromley'ish area was slated for 17 yesterday, now they'll get 6 if they're lucky. Just not worth 9 hours in drive time for me. At least it will be bright and sunny mid-50s to 60 down here. I'll be dusting off the golf clubs this weekend instead of skiing = le sigh. :(

sorry to hear that man. i know. for us flatlanders 9 hours round trip easily sways our decisions. but, no way i will bail out on this one. i am committed. i will be at stratton tomorrow morning. will take 5 inches any day. my season is far from over.

dmc

3 big inches here at the base of Hunter... :)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
about 4" very wet stuff here in the burbs. Has taken down some mutha tree limbs in our yard. Big snow bombs when driving around. Power out here and there.

Like to hear how heavy the snow is up in the hills.

BenedictGomez

Last edited:

abc

sorry to hear that man. i know. for us flatlanders 9 hours round trip easily sways our decisions.
Not for this flatlander! :)

Funny in the middle of the season (worse yet, December), flatlanders will drive 9 hours to VT to ski man-made snow of questionable base depth, regardless whether there's 0" natural snow at all, never mind recently fallen, fresh ones. But now, scraping a trip because it's 5" instead of 8?

I'd much rather drive 5 hrs in April to ski spring soft bump on 30" base left over from the winter. Than to drive 2 hrs in December to ski 10" of man-made snow.

Last edited:

buellski

about 4" very wet stuff here in the burbs. Has taken down some mutha tree limbs in our yard. Big snow bombs when driving around. Power out here and there.

Like to hear how heavy the snow is up in the hills.

Perfect snowball snow here. It's pretty warm out too...35F.

Beetlenut

From Sunday River's web site:

UPDATE: 11:30AM*** It is absolutely dumping out! We have six inches on the mountain, and the storm looks like it's still building. According to the forecast, we haven't seen the heaviest yet! 10"-14" forecast.

I'm driving up in 5 hours! Woo Hoo!

WJenness

From Sunday River's web site:

UPDATE: 11:30AM*** It is absolutely dumping out! We have six inches on the mountain, and the storm looks like it's still building. According to the forecast, we haven't seen the heaviest yet! 10"-14" forecast.

I'm driving up in 5 hours! Woo Hoo!

Looks like my target for Sunday.

w00t.

-w

BenedictGomez

IT SEEMS THE ATMOSPHERE HAS TAUGHT US ANOTHER LESSON
AS THIS NOR`EASTER WILL BE FURTHER OFFSHORE WITH ITS IMPACTS
GREATLY DIMINISHED ACROSS MOST OF EASTERN NY. MODEL PERFORMANCE
WAS LESS THAN IDEAL
LEADING UP TO THIS EVENT...BUT IN THE
END...OUR FORECAST MAY NOT HAVE LEAD UP TO EXPECTATIONS. WE WILL
BE SURE TO EVALUATE THIS EVENT IN THE LESSONS LEARNED AND POST
CASE STUDY WORK.

Well, at this they the above correct.

Angus

just arrived from Sunapee..."No foolin’, we received another 8” of snow today and this looks to be the most exciting weekend so far this season at Mount Sunapee."

Anyone got a read on MWV? That's where I'm headed this weekend.

Last edited: