• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Hike - 7/30/06

Greg

Staff member
BeanoNYC said:
I just looked at your pics (and avatar) Brian. Damn, boy, you said you lost some weight but I wasn't expecting to see a whole new person. Keep up the good work, Man.
Indeed! Looking trim. Brian already skis gracefully for a big guy. Shedding some extra pounds will only help. :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks guys, that means a lot to me! It hasn't been easy so it's nice to hear words of encouragement. Hopefully I can keep loosing weight and getting more fit through the summer. :)

Greg

Staff member
Yup - Keep it up, Brian. What have you lost so far?

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Yup - Keep it up, Brian. What have you lost so far?
Since I started really trying to lose weight after the end of ski season I've lost a bit more than 30 lbs, since the picture in my profile from Feb it's more like 35, and from my highest a few years ago it's around 63 lbs total lost. It's no wonder my legs were always killing me after a long day of skiing, that's a lot of extra weight to be carrying around! :eek:

If only the guys at work would stop tempting me with pizza, ice cream, and cookies I'd be doing even better... :roll: Damn lack of will power...

ALLSKIING said:
That pic and your profile pic looks like two different people. Keep up the good work!!
Thanks, I think the lack of facial hair have a lot to do with it... Coincidentally (sp?) I'm wearing the same hat and shades in both pics.

Man, talk about a thread hi-jack! ;)

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Since I started really trying to lose weight after the end of ski season I've lost a bit more than 30 lbs, since the picture in my profile from Feb it's more like 35, and from my highest a few years ago it's around 63 lbs total lost. It's no wonder my legs were always killing me after a long day of skiing, that's a lot of extra weight to be carrying around! :eek:
Wow. That's great. It's definitely gotta make a difference in your skiing. What was it that motivated you?

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Wow. That's great. It's definitely gotta make a difference in your skiing. What was it that motivated you?
Lots of things motivated me. Mostly just tired of being big and out of shape I guess. Improving my skiing was part of it too.

I had been doing my own thing for a few years, but had plateaued (sp?). Then this spring my Wife got serious about losing a few pounds so I joined her in counting calories and eating better in general. That's how the last 30 pounds have come off. So we've been motivating each other as best we can.

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Lots of things motivated me. Mostly just tired of being big and out of shape I guess. Improving my skiing was part of it too.

I had been doing my own thing for a few years, but had plateaued (sp?). Then this spring my Wife got serious about losing a few pounds so I joined her in counting calories and eating better in general. That's how the last 30 pounds have come off. So we've been motivating each other as best we can.
Well....good for you guys. Plus now with your little girl, you want to stay healthy as you have many years ahead of skiing with her. Can't wait to see the new bvibert rip it up this season!

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Well....good for you guys. Plus now with your little girl, you want to stay healthy as you have many years ahead of skiing with her. Can't wait to see the new bvibert rip it up this season!
Thanks again. I can't wait to see the new bvibert on the slopes either. :D

The point about being able to do things with my kid(s??) is a good one too.