Which digital streaming is better? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I'm guessing it will support 4K. If so, I'll probably pick it up.
    rumor yes, will actually be called Roku 4K.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Apple TV is $69 now.

2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Netflix users. It seems that I can't get Netflix to stream in HD on my TV, Samsung 4K. I can stream in HD on another non smart tv with Chromecast.

Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I Love Apres'

Stream in HD? Are you saying that it's streaming in SD?

Yes. Shows are playing in SD on the Smart TV, Samsung, but on another TV they stream in HD through Chromecast.

I Love Apres'

Internet bandwidth may be an issue. Sometimes the smart tv software will just downgrade it to sd if bandwidth is bad

Is it hard wired to the router or are you relying on a wifi connection? If it's wifi, you could try to hard wire it to eliminate wifi issues. After that, the obvious is to look at settings on the tv, which I'm guessing you've done.

Smart TV interfaces are a disgrace compared to Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, ect...My advice would be to ditch smart TV usage and use it as a dumb TV with a box or Chromecast hooked up.

Netflix is going from $8 to $10 per month. Not a big deal, but I hardly ever watch Netflix so I am thinking of ditching it.

Can anyone compare Netflix to Amazon Prime Video? Since I am a Prime member, I am thinking that there is no reason to have Netflix.

We are cord cutters. Right now we have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, and Sling TV - all through Roku. Sling TV is temporary because we have a friend who is appearing on a reality show. Once that's over we will get rid of Sling TV.

I also have a Plex Media server on my home network. I am a huge fan of Plex. Of course everything on my media server has been legally downloaded.

Lastly, I pay $25 a year for a VPN spoofing service. This allows us to directly stream BBC shows, ITV shows, CBC shows, etc. We are at the point where we watch just as much British content as American content.

I don't miss cable one bit. If you are a sports fan you really need cable, but I'm fine without it. We now watch less TV, but just as much quality TV. We just don't watch the mindless crap that we used to watch.

And thanks to cord cutting I have become a huge rugby fan. Rugby is SO much better to watch than American football. Way more exciting, just as much strategy, and a lot more action. For those interested in checking out rugby, the RBS Six Nations tournament begins on February 6th.

Amazon, like Netflix, has some great original content. I think Netflix is superior to Amazon as far as the rest of the shows go. Far more variety.

If you order from Amazon regularly, the Prime membership seems worth it to me. We get packages weekly, on the average. I'm even using the Prime streaming music stations at work, because my company is blocking every other service out there.

I flip between Netflix and Amazon for binge watching purposes (though, usually 1 episode a night, so not really binging). I can't ever remember which thing I was watching what show on, so that's a problem.

For daily/normal watching, though, still can't get over the hump of having to decide what to watch. We just don't invest that much effort in it. Sit down, turn on HGTV, turn on computer, zone out for an hour, go to bed. I hate paying $100+ a month for that. Kids watch "more" though still very little, and their needs are entirely manageable with the iPads.

Just have to decide to rip the cord out.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Thread Information