• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone - New Ownership

Riverskier

That is not true at all. Though many saw him as funny and he is passionate about skiing, he repeatedly violated the rules, talked back to Greg and other moderators, and made it clear that he was not going to respect the standards on the board or other people here. Additionally, you should know that a lot of people complained about him and we lost a lot of great content/commentators/posters because they were simply fed up with his nonsense and his attitude.

This board is valued because of its content, direct connections to the industry, and ability for decent folks to connect with each other and enjoy the outdoors. Threads about bowel movements, masterbation, trolling, and insults do not advance the goals of the community. Nor does talking back to the folks who own and/or help run the place. For folks who want to post for the hell of it and don't care as much about content or respect feel free to visit those other boards.

He still posts on other boards and folks are welcome to go there and talk with him.

Bringing this up, nearly two years after the fact, is ridiculous.

Nick said no changes will be made now, so done deal, case closed. But to say that bringing this up almost 2 years later is ridiculous, is ridiculous in and of itself. Any time new owners take over a business, new politicians are elected into office, or any other type of regime change- often past decisions/strategies are reconsidered.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You are right, I don't know all of what happened. I still think he was held to a different standard. I could point out several blatantly political discussions on AZ, but one slightly political comment by him led to an onslaught of pm's from the mods. The guy took more abuse than anyone I have ever seen on here, but the moment he would defend himself, he would be called out immediately for personal attacks. I still think he was banned, at least in part, to a few very outspoken people who really didn't like him who complained constantly. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Honestly though, it is hard to express how little I care, and am happy to let this drop. I just thought he added a lot of character to the forum, and with new owners, I thought it was worth mentioning that they may want to reconsider this past decision.

For the millionth time, that was not why he was banned. That was the final straw of many many many many many chances that he had and he had been warned fairly close to that point that enough was enough.

I don't know why you've chosen to champion his cause two years out, but you should at least know what you're championing before you make a big deal out of it. You say you'd be happy to let this drop, but you're the one who mentioned it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nick said no changes will be made now, so done deal, case closed. But to say that bringing this up almost 2 years later is ridiculous, is ridiculous in and of itself. Any time new owners take over a business, new politicians are elected into office, or any other type of regime change- often past decisions/strategies are reconsidered.

Not when to reconsider runs against what the board stands for.

Greg

Staff member
At least give me some headroom to get to know everyone that IS on the site right now first, please ;)

It's only my 2nd day on the job!

Well, it seems that a few in this thread are giving you some immediate insight as to who they really are.

I think it's a real shame that some of you have to immediately come into this thread with your anti-establishment/over-moderation/GSS nonsense. The only thing it achieves is overshadowing what should be an exciting new opportunity for Nick and Stefanie.

Some of you guys will never have any class.

Riverskier

For the millionth time, that was not why he was banned. That was the final straw of many many many many many chances that he had and he had been warned fairly close to that point that enough was enough.

I don't know why you've chosen to champion his cause two years out, but you should at least know what you're championing before you make a big deal out of it. You say you'd be happy to let this drop, but you're the one who mentioned it.

Championing? All I did was echo several other people's sentiment.

dmc

Whats great is the comments from people against him..

There's a personal animosity that shows through the diatribe...

I think people can change..

As much as you give them a chance - GSS should get a chance..

He's a funny guy that loves to ski..

Last edited by a moderator:

dmc

Well, it seems that a few in this thread are giving you some immediate insight as to who they really are.

I think it's a real shame that some of you have to immediately come into this thread with your anti-establishment/over-moderation/GSS nonsense. The only thing it achieves is overshadowing what should be an exciting new opportunity for Nick and Stefanie.

Sorry... we saw a chance and thought maybe we could get him back in..

campgottagopee

You are right, I don't know all of what happened. I still think he was held to a different standard. I could point out several blatantly political discussions on AZ, but one slightly political comment by him led to an onslaught of pm's from the mods. The guy took more abuse than anyone I have ever seen on here, but the moment he would defend himself, he would be called out immediately for personal attacks. I still think he was banned, at least in part, to a few very outspoken people who really didn't like him who complained constantly. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".Honestly though, it is hard to express how little I care, and am happy to let this drop. I just thought he added a lot of character to the forum, and with new owners, I thought it was worth mentioning that they may want to reconsider this past decision.

Ya think??

campgottagopee

You hate the guy, understood...it's okay, that's what makes the world go around.

How about letting nick make his own mind up??

Riverskier

Not sure if this is intended for all who expressed support for GSS or certain individuals, but this is kind of harsh. I, and many others, enjoyed what GSS brought to the table. With new ownership, it seemed worth mentioning that they may want to reconsider their decision. It doesn't have "overshadow" anything. Not sure how my making a suggestion gives any insight into who I am, and to say it suggests I have a lack of class is crazy.

deadheadskier

Staff member

agree 100%

pretty selfish IMO to try and push and test new ownership in their introductory thread.

dmc

Not sure if this is intended for all who expressed support for GSS or certain individuals, but this is kind of harsh. I, and many others, enjoyed what GSS brought to the table. With new ownership, it seemed worth mentioning that they may want to reconsider their decision. It doesn't have "overshadow" anything. Not sure how my making a suggestion gives any insight into who I am, and to say it suggests I have a lack of class is crazy.

Stay CLASSY Alpine Zone

ron-burgundy.jpg

2knees

, talked back to Greg and other moderators,

I care nothing about who is banned, let back in or why. I have my own life to actually worry about.

that being said, you may want to think twice about making statements like the one above.

obviously, thats just my opinion.

Glenn

AlpineZone has a new owner(s). The mod team is still the same. This is kinda like a new CEO coming in...but the same management under him/her. For the most part, there will probably be some minor changes, but things usually remain mostly the same.

campgottagopee

agree 100%

pretty selfish IMO to try and push and test new ownership in their introductory thread.

Push, test???LMFAO...you haters are pushing and testing, for real

I'm simply suggesting that our new owner take a good look at what once was a good marriage. He came back and said to give him some time...what did I say...I'll tell ya.

I respect that, when you get the chance (pushy???) please read some of his post and make your own decision. (testing???? lol)

A few of us suggwst taking a look at bringing him back....we get piled on...who's pushy now.

Greg

Staff member
You hate the guy, understood...it's okay, that's what makes the world go around.

How about letting nick make his own mind up??

Actually, I don't really have any feeling towards him one way or the other, except for maybe feeling a little bit sorry for him. I actually advocated for the guy for a long time. He got many more chances than some others did due to his "passion for skiing" which in retrospect is a stupid reason. We're all passionate about skiing. He made me laugh quite often too, but I was laughing at him, not with him. I'm pretty sure that's how most of you all feel too. So what's that say about us?

I don't have any control, nor interest really in the matter anymore. All I will do is advise Nick if asked.

campgottagopee

I care nothing about who is banned, let back in or why. I have my own life to actually worry about.

that being said, you may want to think twice about making statements like the one above.

obviously, thats just my opinion.

Thank you