• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone - New Ownership

TheBEast

More importantly, what does Nick and Stefanie ski on? Boards/boots/bindings? Do they free-heal it or their stance on snowboarders? As a two planker, I'm not one for snowboarders, but I do have a few friends on the dark side.

Welcome aboard! Let the fun begin!

billski - HOLY COW!

Black Phantom

I never noticed mine was green to be honest

It isn't easy being green.

kermit_escape.jpg

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More importantly, what does Nick and Stefanie ski on? Boards/boots/bindings? Do they free-heal it or their stance on snowboarders? As a two planker, I'm not one for snowboarders, but I do have a few friends on the dark side.

Welcome aboard! Let the fun begin! (thank you and yes I can't wait!)

hellloooo! I am a skiier, but most people I ride with snowboard (It was nice meeting up at Sugarloaf this past weekend and spending most of my time with fellow two plankers!!) I ride on volkl p60s that I scored while I was teaching at Killington. They are great for the groomed trails and carving, not so great in the pow pow and glades... although i get by... :smile:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Enough with the platitudes.... Let's get down to business. Skiing that is. And the hard questions you solicit.

One of the most debated issues on this forum is when to change the banners from Blue to Green, and back again. What's your policy on that one? You're bound to upset someone. And don't tell us to fix our colors in the User CP!

I'll follow traditions for now. No drastic changes! Although if the date is debated perpetually, maybe a poll would be in order :argue:

Next, What about all those other tabs at the top of the forum? Like Skiing, Hiking, Lodging, Gear, News. What changes? What stays?

Right now, it all stays. I still have to see what's actually in all those other areas. I've spent 95% of my time right here in the forums, so far. I'd like to get more people on in the summer... the mountains offer tons of great stuff to do.

Now, will you be getting the news streaming again?

And what about all those deal of the day feeds. Will that continue?

And you plan for advertising is.....???
And how will it relate to us dissing various resorts, vendor, equipment, and so on?

For the most part no changes in any of those... I'm not sure on the news streaming. Is that the XML tag on the homepage :dunce:

All honesty, I haven't planned anything major yet. Keep it simple for now. I might get the Facebook page updated ;)

Back to the forums.
How about moderators? Staying or leaving? You've been clear about Greg. Wuddabout the udder doods? And will the moderation duties change?

I hope they all stay on board! (no pun intended). As far as I know, they all do plan on it as well, guys please let me know if I'm totally off base :beer:

How about the personality of the forum. Mild and mannered or rough and frosty (a-la TGR)?

I think the personality is pretty great from what I've seen in my limited exposure here. I hope to keep the fun atmosphere that is here. I suppose the intricacies everyone has are enough to keep me on my toes for now!

Will the mission of AZ change in any way? Will you re-focus. Will you start charging admission to the lurkers. Or maybe extra minutes for incessant posters?

I think the current tagline "The Northeast Guide to Mountain Adventure" pretty much sums it up. I'd like to see AlpineZone continue to be the place to be for new englanders interested in skiing primarily but also other mountain activities.

No real plans to change much ... and if I do I will do my best to work with the community so that we are all happy with the direction of the site.

Bringing in any other team members?

Beside my sister as a partner, and myself no plans to right now!

Ok. I'll let you breath. I've got one-hundred more questions, but let's take it from there.

Welcome aboard. While this is your forum, this is your initiation! :razz:

Lastly, are you skiing until May 1st? :daffy:

I am itching to do at least one Tuckerman run this year. It's been a while and I'm antsy :spread:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Welcome aboard! Let the fun begin!

billski - HOLY COW!

Standard Skis! Currently my 10 year old Atomic Beta Ride 9.22's, which were at the time I bought them no holds barred the coolest skis available ;)

Warp Daddy

So Nick and Stef as the resident old fart here let me welcome you both as the new head honchos ! You have a rich tradition to uphold , nurture and grow as AZ continues on its path .

Greg: You did a top shelf job of building COMMUNITY here . As many of you know when i had the heart attack and wondered if i'd ever get back up on them again -- you guys and i use that term pluralistically and my local homeboyz and girlsz came by OFTEN to pump up my sneakers and keep the old guy's spirit going .

This is a great bunch of serious skiwackjobs here and i sense WE ARE IN GREAT hands once again.

So Rage on Guys , Celebrate the often outrageous but always interesting community we have HERE

Good luck to Nick the Quick and Stef and GREG keep on Rockin the AXE man - ! :beer:

Ok the Queen says i gotta do somethin ' productive NOW -- C ya

Warp

2knees

Nick and Stef, Warp Daddy is the king of the CAPITAL LETTERS TO GET A POINT ACROSS kind of poster.

just a psa.

2knees

I probably shouldve put a smilie or something in there as i was just bustin stones.

jack97

hmmm.... regime change.

Greg was instrumental in making Sundown the mogul capital in CT. Will you do the same over at Wachusetts?

BTW, I'm a lifelong red sox fans who wears a helmet while skiing seeded moguls and support the ban of boarders from Mad River Glen. I have cut my poles to clown size regulations just to hang out with the CLITS.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So Nick and Stef as the resident old fart here let me welcome you both as the new head honchos ! You have a rich tradition to uphold , nurture and grow as AZ continues on its path .

thanks Warp Daddy. CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU ON THE SLOPES! :grin:

wa-loaf

Wow, how did I miss this thread all day!

Welcome aboard Nick and Stef. Is Stef the ripping blond that was with your crew this weekend?

For AZ 3.0 I think Bracket Basin should be roped off for a day, just for us ...