• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone - New Ownership

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
For those of you that don't know this, you can reduce the number of "pages" in a thread by changing a setting.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page. Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.

Pages will load quicker with less posts displayed but you have to change pages more often.

roark

For those of you that don't know this, you can reduce the number of "pages" in a thread by changing a setting.

Pages will load quicker with less posts displayed but you have to change pages more often.
you must have a slow connection.

ctenidae

I like fewer posts per page- I check links sseveral times a day, adn can just go to "Last Page." If I had more posts on that page, I'd have to scroll through more to get to the ones I haven't read yet. And that would take a toll on my mouse wheel, which may cause me to need to get a new mouse. So, all in all, I like it with fewer posts per page.

Oh yeah- I, for one, welcome our new Owner-Overlords. I was wondering who the hell all these noobies were. Glad I thought to check another part of the forums.

ChileMass

Greg - you did a great job. Thanks for creating such a fun and useful site. All the best to you and the family.

Nick and Stef - from a longtime AZer, welcome! Sometimes you'll need a chair and gun, but not often. Mostly fun here. Good luck!!

mondeo

I like fewer posts per page- I check links sseveral times a day, adn can just go to "Last Page." If I had more posts on that page, I'd have to scroll through more to get to the ones I haven't read yet. And that would take a toll on my mouse wheel, which may cause me to need to get a new mouse. So, all in all, I like it with fewer posts per page.

Oh yeah- I, for one, welcome our new Owner-Overlords. I was wondering who the hell all these noobies were. Glad I thought to check another part of the forums.
You know you can go to the first unread post, right?

20 serves as a good mix for me between having to load tons of pages and still having an index for knowing about where comments were without searching through tons of posts to find the comment I want.

There's too much harmony in this thread. So just to be contrarian, I'm gonna go ahead and resist change. Change scares me.

hrstrat57

This is a very good forum with a helpful community.

Good luck with the ownership, a fine choice IMHO. I wouldn't expect a lot of changes would be necessary.......tho I might consider offering an olive branch/ 2nd chance to some banned members that might want to try again.

I'll probably be involved in closing Wa down Sunday maybe we'll see you rocking' the sweet vintage Atomics there!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks, haven't decided yet on my plans. I might show up at Wachusett Friday night although I heard they are closing @ 8pm instead of later which kinda takes the wind out of my wings.

wa-loaf

Thanks, haven't decided yet on my plans. I might show up at Wachusett Friday night although I heard they are closing @ 8pm instead of later which kinda takes the wind out of my wings.

If it's dumping I'm going to run up during the day on Friday.

wa-loaf

I'll put the skis on the roof. I work in Marlboro so I'm only about 40 minutes away ... I will definitely be posting here if I go so I can catch up w/ some of you guys.

Do you ski a lot of nights? We might need a new racer for Thursday night racing next season.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I usually can't do every single week but I'd love to come out there. I've never raced before, though; except once when I was like 8 at a nastar track ;)

I'd love to try though!