• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Places to stay near Stratton?

ssusca

I'm planning on heading up to Stratton for their last day on April 10 ($30 CSC day and Spring Fling so why the hell not). We will probably head up on Saturday afternoon after my daughters softball game because my wife and daughter have issues with 3 hour drives early on Sunday Morning. Does anybody have any recommendations for a nice and inexpensive motel nearby?

SKIQUATTRO

Toll Road...$125 a night with a continental B'fast, huge clean rooms and an outdoor hottub....Maria and Richard are great...its right across from Bob's diner

mlkrgr

I'm planning on heading up to Stratton for their last day on April 10 ($30 CSC day and Spring Fling so why the hell not). We will probably head up on Saturday afternoon after my daughters softball game because my wife and daughter have issues with 3 hour drives early on Sunday Morning. Does anybody have any recommendations for a nice and inexpensive motel nearby?

I find that the Inn at Stratton (managed by them) is very reasonably priced for what you get and you may even find what you pay for the ticket plus lodging package to be cheaper than the $30 CSC and lodging. If I remember right, lodging only would have cost $99 a night for 2 and then lift plus lodging was $158 a night for 2 but this was midwinter. Having an American Express card can help lower the cost of lodging but that's a YMMV.

thetrailboss

Staff member
If you want a country B&B near Magic I suggest the Frog's Leap Inn. Dorenna and Kraig are nice. Just up the road in Londonderry.

keyser soze

I find that the Inn at Stratton (managed by them) is very reasonably priced for what you get and you may even find what you pay for the ticket plus lodging package to be cheaper than the $30 CSC and lodging. If I remember right, lodging only would have cost $99 a night for 2 and then lift plus lodging was $158 a night for 2 but this was midwinter. Having an American Express card can help lower the cost of lodging but that's a YMMV.

Friends of mine stayed here this winter midweek for a ridiculous price. Room and lift ticket was less than the cost of a lift ticket and they got free rentals if needed and $10 lunch vouchers. This was mid week, but it was also in February. Breakfast was included, but the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc.

They called up and spoke to someone to get this deal.

ssusca

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely looking at the Inn at Stratton. They don't have that sweet ski and stay deal for the weekend, but the price is still pretty good.

Thanks a lot!

ssusca

Hmmm...

I just checked out the Inn on tripadvisor. Is this place really as nasty as the people say? I am by no means looking for the Taj Mahal or anything like that. I'm not looking for a fireplace or private hot tub or even a flat screen TV. I just need a clean inexpensive room for a night. But after reading some of the reviews, it sounds like I would have to get my immunizations updated before I got into bed there.

Like I said, I don't need luxury. I've stayed at the Killington Pico Motor Inn and thought it was fine. In all honesty, what is this place like?

tekweezle

i think there is an econolodge just off exit 1 or 2 on 91. cheap rudimentary lodging.

jmorrison518

I've stayed at the Inn At Stratton a few times. Most recently 3 weeks ago as part of a "group" outing. If you are just looking for a place to lay your head at night, then it's fine, (if your a heavy sleeper) It's a mix of families, as well as quite a few college aged kids who aside from the constant "safety meetings" in their rooms, and less than appealing behavior in the group hot tub/sauna area were pretty well behaved. One thing I did notice this year was the presence of a detail officer in the lobby area both Friday and Saturday night. probably kept the shenanigans to a lower level as in years past.

we stayed there last year, and the room next door to us sounded like they had Wrestlemania going on all night long. When I went down in the morning to get the free "continental" breakfast, there were 2 cops there and they had all of their belongings out in the hall and the room looked like a bomb went off. I imagine their weekend probably took a turn for the worse at that point.

ssusca

That great info. I think we'll give it a shot. It's only for one night anyway. This late in the season, the craziness will probably subside.

Thanks.