• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 4/1

Shock

Primary Surface: Packed Powder
Secondary Surface: Packed Granular

We ended up getting to the mountain at about 9:30 due to terrible road conditions getting up with the weather. When we got there, we thought the day was a wash since only about two inches had fallen. It was on top of a sheet of hard pack that made skiing a bit treacherous. Thankfully for us, the snow kept coming. By one o' clock it was falling hard and fast. It was a warm snow that melted on me pretty much on contact. It accumulated though, and made skiing the afternoon very nice. Mittersil (Sp?) was looking a bit bare on the liftline but ended up being my favorite run of the mountain. It should have gotten better after I left, since that was around 11:30.

All in all, I would say about 6-8 inches (optimistically) had fallen by the time I left.

Last edited: