• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How often do you guys tune up your equipment?

How often do you tune up your skiis?

• After every day of skiing

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Every 2-5 days

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Every 6-10 days

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Every 11-20 days

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 21-30 days

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • >30

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sorry if I missed it earlier. I haven't done mine in some time but I think I'm springing for new skiis over the summer anyway.

gmcunni

picked up a wax kit off the now defunct tramdock earlier this season so i've been waxing occationally.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
There's a lot of factors that go into if I tune. I'd say on average, every 2-3 days on the snow, unless I'm on a trip somewhere, then I just worry about it once I get back home.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
That's often. I used to do mine once a season, basically, wether I skid 5 or 25 days.

I really noticed my edges were getting poor at the AZ summit last weekend, that traverse over to brackett basin was awfully dicey.

roark

Touch up edges nearly every day of use (stones). Wax every 2-3x. Base grind/full tune once a season (or less).

Morwax

Waxing a pair of skis and or a snowboard almost every day although I alternate 4 pairs of skis depending on conditions or who im with. I touch up edges every other use or if I feel burrs etc...its much easier to maintain an edge than to bring one back from rusty butter knife land.

Hawkshot99

You're not working at the shop anymore?

I am still at a shop. When I started for the company I was at another store that does shop work. The store they moved me to, does not have a work shop as the mtn. does all of that stuff on there own.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The way I ski, I'll put wax on after 3-5 days on the slopes. Edges, depends how they look, I'll do a diamond file on them. Ptex, depends what I hit. Minor scrapes don't get it. I'm more into preserving the longevity of the bases than trying to eck out every last tenth of a second.
Now that it's spring, the red comes out.

jack97

almost never.....

I only keep one ski sharp and waxed for groomed hardpack conditions. Hardly took them out in the past two seasons.