• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Brighton Utah 4/2/11

4aprice

Arrrived in Salt Lake City very late Friday night to very warm weather. Took our time getting Breakfast and getting ready. Day 1 of 7 at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon at Brighton Resort. Arrived at Brighton at 10 to discover my daughter left her ski boots in the condo so dropped off the boy and returned to the valley to get the boots. Round trip just under an hour, no big deal, so started skiing at 11.

Weather was warm and condtions were soft, soft , soft. Did I say soft, snow was down right sticky and manky (Is that a word?). Great Western lift was closed due to winds but everything else was open and they have plenty o snow out here. Took a little while to get used to the snow conditions (polar opposite to the conditions at Whiteface last weekend) The best runs were the ones that had bumps on them. Doyles Dive and Hard Coin off of Snake Creek were fun and Wrens Hollow off of Crest was in good shape too. The weather started off fairly clear but in Utah fashion one could see storm clouds gathering over the Salt Lake and moving in. Skied almost till closing then back down the mountains to the store to stock the condo.

Storm moved in last night about 8. Started as rain here on the benches (looked like snow at the higher elevations) but as I wake up this morning there is about 3-5 outside the condo and still comin down. The mountains as of yesterday's local weather report are supposed to get between 10-18 inches. Most likely Solitude today and hopefully Honey Comb Canyon.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ