Nordica Helldiver 170cm

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    mahopac, ny
    Posts
    1,776

    Nordica Helldiver 170cm

    So i won these skis last weekend. Nordica Helldiver 170cm with bindings. Anybody have any experience with them. The reviews look good, but I am looking for some first hand delta.


  2. #2
    I demo'd it two (maybe three) seasons ago while night skiing at a very frozen Blue Mountain. Needless to say, it was the wrong ski for the conditions. Seemed like it would be nice in softer snow.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    So i won these skis last weekend. Nordica Helldiver 170cm with bindings. Anybody have any experience with them. The reviews look good, but I am looking for some first hand delta.
    Nordica makes a GREAT ski. Currently I'm on an older pair of Hot Rods and love 'em. Next year I'll be sportin the Pro Helldiver but in a 187.....they own the crud, groomers, pow and pretty much anything that's out in front of you. Great ski for the NE

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee View Post
    Nordica makes a GREAT ski. Currently I'm on an older pair of Hot Rods and love 'em. Next year I'll be sportin the Pro Helldiver but in a 187.....they own the crud, groomers, pow and pretty much anything that's out in front of you. Great ski for the NE
    I'll 2nd that. I'm on a pair of 08/09 Hot Rods that I love. They really can take a beating too!

  5. #5
    For a ski that fat, I would pefer something softer. Tried them found them a bit stiff for my liking.

  6. #6
    I am 5-10 at 180 lbs and have a pair of Divers in 170. There are two versions of Divers one is TI and one is CA. I have the TIs which are stiffer than the CAs. I skied them this year at Sugarlaof, Saddleback and Killington. All on perfet packed powder and freash snow. I normally ski on Blizzards (which are stiff) and found the Divers to have a Blizzard fell but a little heavier. Excellent cavers and very easy to ski, but a little stiff in the bumps. Which do you have the TIs of the Cas.
    Born to ski Forced to work

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    mahopac, ny
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeman View Post
    I am 5-10 at 180 lbs and have a pair of Divers in 170. There are two versions of Divers one is TI and one is CA. I have the TIs which are stiffer than the CAs. I skied them this year at Sugarlaof, Saddleback and Killington. All on perfet packed powder and freash snow. I normally ski on Blizzards (which are stiff) and found the Divers to have a Blizzard fell but a little heavier. Excellent cavers and very easy to ski, but a little stiff in the bumps. Which do you have the TIs of the Cas.
    They are redish.

  8. #8
    On the tail there should be either TI or CA after the name graphics
    Born to ski Forced to work

  9. #9
    highpeaksdrifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY/Wilmington, NY
    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    They are redish.
    This years Helldivers are not TI or CA, there is only one model and that has I-core. If they're redish you have the 2009/2010 Ti. Two sheets of titnal top and bottom of a wood core. They are relatively stiff and they are heavy when you pick them up, but they don't ski heavy. Quick edge to edge for a ski that wide.

    They are basically the same ski as my Hellcats which I grabbed today to ski in heavy spring snow. They plow right through slushy snow piles like they are not even there. They are not a powder ski, but they do ok in it.

    In a nutshell its has great edge hold and skis really well on firm snow, kinda stiff and heavy in bumps, but ok, great is heavy wet snow, a good mid fat for someone who is a 70/30 on trail v tree/slack country skier.
    People often work backward from a firm conclusion to find supporting facts, rather than letting evidence inform their views. ---

  10. #10
    Ok I have the TIs. Looks like the new I-Core is stating they are 17% lighter? Does anyone know if the old CAs are less stiff than the TIs or how the new ones are relative to the TIs?
    Born to ski Forced to work

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:02 AM.