• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboard Storage?

would you use this product at www.boardgrab.com?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe

• would use another product

• Total voters
S

sumbrawd

Does anyone have any recommendations on snowboard storage? I have 4 boards and live in a small townhome. I recently found a new product at http://www.boardgrab.com and was curious if anyone has used this thing? It looks kind of cool?

Any reviews or suggestions good or bad are welcome.

Thanks,
stef

kfan

Gosh... looking at it, I think a bit of rope and some knotting would solve the problem the same way. I only have one board, so I don't have your problem. I store my board leaning against the wardrobe or on top of the wardrobe.

How about storing it under the bed (maybe that's already taken up). And if you have four boards, maybe you can save room by removing the bindings and store the boards on top of each other and the bindings separately? Just some suggestions.

Greg

Staff member
My feeling on links to other sites has always been to allow them. I've always taken the approach that as long as the link is on topic, useful, or at least mildly interesting, it's fine. Some forum members and admins get very protective of their boards. God knows I've done my share of promoting on other forums so I'd be a hypocrite to be totally anti-promotion. I think the difference is that I try to contribute to the discussions first, include a link in my sig, and only reply with relevant links to my site when warranted.

What bugs me about this one is sumbrawd pops on and posts this link (with the URL in the subject too!) as her very first post. I suspect we'll never see her again.

I'm open to defining a policy that a majority here can agree upon. After all, this forum is yours as much as it is mine. Its success depends on you guys, the members. So perhaps I can poll this out. I see four options:
  • Continue as is with allowing promotion/advertising, provided it's on topic (i.e. Northeast outdoor-related), and not intrusive or repetitive.
  • Set up a separate forum for "ads". If they show up in other forums, they can be moved. Perhaps, it can be a "classifieds" forum. My feeling is less is more though, and I don't want to create additional forums unless totally necessary.
  • Only allow links in sigs or in posts when in direct response to specific questions.
  • Disallow promotion or advertising of any kind
Let me know what you think...

J

jlangdale

Advertising something can be a good thing. But this one looks fishy. But I don't care if whoever sells a few things from marketing their product. What do I care? It took me all of 3 seconds to see the post.

If someone posts to a board something cheesey, people will just talk it down anyway. I'm for free speech any posting goes as long as it isn't totally vulgar, rude or lacking of purpose and singularly hurtful to someone.

Greg

Staff member
I agree, Jon. But there is a huge difference between someone just popping in and posting once to promote something, or say, you promoting that great DVD you're working on...