White Memorial - 4/16/11

AlpineZone

White Memorial - 4/16/11

First "ride" of the season for me. I use the term loosely due to the fact that it was only 2.6 miles in about 30 minutes. The ride was meant as a shakedown ride for the new bike. The good news is that the bike worked very well. I could use a bit more air in the fork and shock, and the slack front end will take some getting used to, but overall I was very happy. The bad news is that I'm horribly out of shape. My legs were feeling it almost immediately and I got winded very quickly. I'm quite embarrassed to admit that several breaks were needed to catch my breath. It's going to take some work to get back into riding shape! I also learned that 40 degrees, while on the warmish side for skiing, is still quite cold for MTB... Maybe I just didn't ride long enough to fully warm up??

Brian

Good to hear the bike held up better then the rider for the 2.6 miles! Just get out and ride(which should be easier for you with that bike), you'll get in shape in no time.

It was cold out there(42 where I was), I froze my whole ride with only a long sleeve shirt and shorts on, even considered turning back.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Congrats B, that bike should suit you well. If your still looking for wheels competitive cyclist is having a sale this weekend and I have a code for an additional 15% off if you need it.

I was out at Robinson this morning and froze my but off, even with an UnderArmor cold weather shirt on. Did 12 miles in 80 minutes and was feeling pretty fresh most of the ride, then my legs turned to jello for the last mile.

Thread Information