• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

nba better than ever?

skime

NBA sees increases in viewers, sales, attendance

Posted Apr 15 2011 4:46PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA says its three national TV partners all had their most viewers ever this season, topped by a 42 percent increase for TNT.

ABC was up 38 percent and ESPN had a 28 percent jump, the league says Friday.
Turner Sports also says its 1.6 rating was its highest in 27 years of NBA coverage and that it televised three of the five most-watched NBA regular-season games ever on cable this season.

Despite fears of a labor stoppage after the season, the NBA reported success across many platforms. Arena capacity was 90.3 percent, its seventh straight year of 90 or better, and the 17,306 average was up 1 percent from last year and was its fifth highest.
Merchandise sales jumped more than 20 percent and NBA.com saw an increase of more than 140 percent in video views.

4aprice

The Knicks are involved. That ups the New York share of viewers significantly. I'm not even really a hoops fan but I will keep my eye on the Knicks-Celtics series as it takes me back to my childhood in the early 70's. Nothing like a good NY-Bos sporting event to pick things up.. Now if the Bruins and Rangers (since the Devils are out) can get thier acts together it will be an interesting spring.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

skime

Great games everywhere these days.....

Knicks vs Celtics series has been the best yet....imagine if ny wins the next 2 games at home?

JimBoeheim2.jpg

skime

The Knicks are involved. That ups the New York share of viewers significantly. I'm not even really a hoops fan but I will keep my eye on the Knicks-Celtics series as it takes me back to my childhood in the early 70's. Nothing like a good NY-Bos sporting event to pick things up.. Now if the Bruins and Rangers (since the Devils are out) can get thier acts together it will be an interesting spring.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

U1578574.jpg

2knees

Celts better get their shit together. Letting the depleted knicks back into that game was disturbing. the second unit is practically useless outside of the occassional bursts of davis.

green....sucks
west.....sucks
J. O'Neil....sucks
Krstic....maybe they should play him some more.

Black Phantom

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bigbog

Celts better get their shit together. Letting the depleted knicks back into that game was disturbing. the second unit is practically useless outside of the occassional bursts of davis.

green....sucks
west.....sucks
J. O'Neil....sucks

They've done that so many times....and they've let potentially good young, AND TALL, forwards and centers waste away on the bench, only to be included in Ainge's trades...

Black Phantom

green....sucks
west.....sucks
J. O'Neil....sucks

They were not going to sign Perkins. Ainge got a good deal out of the trade. O'Neal is playing well enough under the rim.

Celts swept the Knicks. 6 days of rest and practice ahead of them until the next series.

NO pictures on the scorecard.

2knees

They were not going to sign Perkins. Ainge got a good deal out of the trade. O'Neal is playing well enough under the rim.

Celts swept the Knicks. 6 days of rest and practice ahead of them until the next series.

NO pictures on the scorecard.

I like to think negatively that way it keeps my expectations low.