• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Case 4/22/11

bvibert

Staff member
Rode Case today with o3jeff and Trev. The climb in really kicked my ass, but the rest of the ride was really good. It was really dry there, except for some major mud spots on a section of fire road and a couple of stream crossings. Lots of rocks to test out my new bike on, which went well. Also hit a pretty cool skinny-ish ladder bridge over one stream crossing. It looked kinda sketchy to me, but it rolled nice.

We did around 7.6 miles with several stops to catch our breath (and in my case to stop my heart from beating out of my chest).

Good times, thanks for the ride fellas!

o3jeff

Definitely seemed like a lot more miles, guess we are just out of shape. Your new bike is looking good, but not as good as the mustache gloves!

WoodCore

Mustache gloves???

Sounds like you gents had a great ride! Good to hear I'm not the only one out there sucking serious wind. :beer:

MR. evil

It looked kinda sketchy to me, but it rolled nice.

!

Way to go riding that bridge......not sure it even qualifies as a bridge..... most people wont go near it the first time they see it. Those slats look pretty sketchy, but thay have diagnol braces underneath on both sides.

bvibert

Staff member
Way to go riding that bridge......not sure it even qualifies as a bridge..... most people wont go near it the first time they see it. Those slats look pretty sketchy, but thay have diagnol braces underneath on both sides.

Yeah, I saw the braces afterward. It's definitely more stable than it first appears.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I haven't been to case in so long. I used to start at the trailhead at Spring St. and finish up by the power lines, then ride all the way back down Birch Hill Road back to the car at spring st. actually an easy run since it's all down hill at that point :)