• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain 4-24-2011

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: 4/24/11

Resort or Ski Area: Wildcat Mountain

Conditions: Corn, Spring, just plain awesome

Trip Report:

Okay so I started out this morning thinking, you know what, I am going to head up to Sunday River and help them close out the season as I opened it with them back in October. But a funny thing happened, my car decided rather then to continue up 95, it veered off onto route 16 and a north we went. With very little traffic on the road, I was able to pull into the lot at 9:05. One ticket later and a lift ride up, well the fun and games began. Seeing that I haven't been on the snow since middle of March, the ol' legs were a bit rusty. But I was seeing that my season wasn't going to end early!

My first run wasn't not a pretty one, with skies that haven't been waxed since um March and very very sticky snow it was an ordeal getting down. I took upper catapult down to middle wildcat and then down good ol' bobcat. I figured that after that ordeal, I would stop into the lodge get myself a power-aid and give it another go. The second run I did was down the entire wildcat trail which was a lot better then my first run. However, upper wildcat is showing some bare spots, it made for some fun navigating. With the legs feeling better, I was really able to tackle the mountain a lot better. All in all, the run of the day had to be lift lion, so much fresh corn to be harvested, the jolly green giant would be jealous. Hopefully this won't be my last outting this year, as I am planning on May 1st or 2nd at Killington. We shall see though!

Oh yeah and here are some pictures!

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Cornhead

Glad you had a good time at the Cat. I like the view of Mt. Washington shrouded in clouds .Sunday River was great too. The run of the day at Sunday River was White Heat. It didn't start out that way. With the 4" of cement they got Saturday,and the fact it was closed, to say it was grabby first thing in the morning would be an understatement. I said an Easter prayer for the Lord to spare my reconstructed ACL. Thanks Lord. Before long White Heat was pure corn bliss!

I will be skiing Sugarloaf tomorrow, it looked great from RT 27. It was to be may last day of the season. If Kton stays open, it may be beckoning me. It will seem like a hop skip and jump for me to get there and back after this trip. We shall see, maybe it's time for Tucks.