• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today Show at Zermatt (Yesterday)

ChileMass

Long day yesterday, so I forgot to post this yesterday, but I hope some of you saw Matt Lauer from the Today Show at Zermatt, Switzerland yesterday. Matt did his best to stem-christie his way down a bunny slope (with the aid of Swiss Olympic hero Pirmin Zurbriggen) and then took off on a paraglider (skis and parachute) which looked amazing. All this in full view of the Matterhorn on a brilliant sunny day. I got lucky several years ago and got sent to Geneva for a boondoggle trade show, and was able to include a weekend at Zermatt. Incredible stat - the village of Zermatt is at 5500' and the top of the Matterhorn is 14,800' - the elevation gain is over 9000 feet and will blow your mind. If you ever get the opportunity to go there, don't miss it........hope some of you caught it....