• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Mountain...thoughts

deadheadskier

Staff member
He's the only one in the thread that has a problem with hiking at Cannon. I'd imagine he'd be quite pissed to see them advertising hang gliding from the slopes on facebook. Seems logical he'd ask Cannon what's up no?

ceo

They walk up and fly down so they do only 50% of the environmental damage of a hiker

Less than that; I assume they take the tram up. A packed-up hang glider will fit in the tram, no problem. Strikes me as an ideal place for it, for that reason. And, there are a lot less hang-gliding people than there are hikers, so allowing the former strikes me as entirely consistent with a policy that (presumably) attempts to maximize recreational opportunities while protecting the trails from erosion.

bobbutts

DHS is a pretty effective troll and clearly Threecy invites it as he'll continue to respond infinitely. It's strange to see that behavior from a forum moderator, but I'm all for it as I'm dead bored.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
a policy that (presumably) attempts to maximize recreational opportunities while protecting the trails from erosion.

Waterville and Wildcat are also located on 4,000 foot mountains. The Polecat at Wildcat is heavily hiked year-round and shows virtually zero erosion.

jack97

I think the tax payers of NH is wasting money on the state park system...... the amount of visits to these places does not justify everyone in the state having to pay for it.

Perhaps they can lease these parks to a private operator and use the Disney World model where everything in nature is emulated and geared for the tourist industry so that a revenue stream is ensured. Imagine the money they can make from the Flumes with this model.

campgottagopee

DHS is a pretty effective troll and clearly Threecy invites it as he'll continue to respond infinitely. It's strange to see that behavior from a forum moderator, but I'm all for it as I'm dead bored.

Careful, they don’t like the truth around here

Black Phantom

Troll, really?
He's just putting up an argument. At least that's how I feel.....

cereal-1jke8kj.gif

Black Phantom

nope

you've cried 47 times in this thread about how the mountain is off limits to hikers. Figured pictures on Facebook showing hang gliders would be fairly upsetting to you.

He has not "cried" once, never mind 47 times, and has responded to your harassment quite calmly. It is obvious for all to see that you have it out for him. Much to be said for his unwillingness to take your bait.

Leasing Cannon is a legitimate debate despite your attempts to vilify an opposing viewpoint.

deadheadskier

Staff member
He has not "cried" once, never mind 47 times, and has responded to your harassment quite calmly. It is obvious for all to see that you have it out for him. Much to be said for his unwillingness to take your bait.

Leasing Cannon is a legitimate debate despite your attempts to vilify an opposing viewpoint.

Think what you want BP

Threecy has done his fair share of patronizing folks with opposing view points as well. I'm sure Cannonball and Puck It would agree with me. But, of course as a moderator, people like you will hold me to a higher decorum. I am who I am, take it or leave it. The title under my name does not change that.

but, my part of this entertaining thread has come to a close. It's like discussing religion; people rarely change their beliefs.

waste of my time. Cannon could show a billion dollar profit and threecy will still believe a private enterprise would earn a billion and one.

So, it's a pointless discussion for me to be having with him. If Cannon doesn't end up getting leased after it's revisited next year, I'll send threecy his $1. State has far greater problems than Cannon.

AdironRider

Man and I thought I killed this thread with a little charitible donation. I wasnt kidding about that by the way, although the closest I could reasonably come up with was donating towards a man on the mountain memorial. Eh well.

Threecy's showed his true colors here, hes got beef extending back from the Ossipee trails thing, and will extend it to anything else that he disapproves that the state handles.

He lost anyways, the lease rider was removed from the bill. He can continue to spout sour grapes if he so desires.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
Threecy's showed his true colors here, hes got beef extending back from the Ossipee trails thing, and will extend it to anything else that he disapproves that the state handles.

No. Rather, you've shown your true colors - you have a beef with me (which is actually pretty freaky, considering I don't believe we've ever so much as met) and have nothing of substance to provide to the discussion.

He lost anyways, the lease rider was removed from the bill. He can continue to spout sour grapes if he so desires.
Once again, you show you have no clue what you're talking about and would rather fabricate things to further your agenda, whatever it is.