Cannon Mountain...thoughts

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Cannon Mountain...thoughts

State needs cash and it is a easy source of revenue......

Can the $60+ lift ticket be coming to Cannon Mountain?

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...5-916d2320f488

Your thoughts, esp those of NH residents?

I'm not sure I understand the lift ticket comment. Cannon's walk up rate was $67 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the lift ticket comment. Cannon's walk up rate was $67 this season.
    Come on now DHS, you actually expect a reporter these days to do his/her due dilligence and fully fact check the story their working on
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Come on now DHS, you actually expect a reporter these days to do his/her due dilligence and fully fact check the story their working on
    Seems like journalists get a lot of credibility on topics that they know little to nothing about just because they publish stories on those topics.

When I was in the military I used to get a chuckle about the articles that I'd see involving Hanscom AFB. One basic fact that I remember being overlooked was that the base hasn't had a flying mission for decades.

Going back on topic, since I've only been to Cannon once...no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Seems like journalists get a lot of credibility on topics that they know little to nothing about just because they publish stories on those topics.
    Nowhere in the article did the author mention $60 tickets. It was about the proposed bill to lease Cannon to a private company, like the state already does with Sunapee.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    Nowhere in the article did the author mention $60 tickets. It was about the proposed bill to lease Cannon to a private company, like the state already does with Sunapee.
    Fair enough...but I stand by my original comment.

I think it is unlikely that Cannon will be leased. There is an influential group of folks who don't want to see that happen.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

^ Please tell us more. Inquiring minds want to know.=)
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    ^ Please tell us more. Inquiring minds want to know.=)
    Don't want to get political....but Gov. Lynch has said no. Plus IIRC this guy, who is on the Executive Council, which is a quirk in NH's political structure, is against it as well and he and the Council have say as to what the state does...more so than the legislature in some ways. Burton and his supporters are against leasing Cannon. FWIW Burton has been on the Council for 34 years now so he has some clout.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I think he is also the one and along with Lynch that is not allowing the Sunapee expansion. It never makes it out of the executive council.

Thread Information