• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ green background

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Greg used to do it based on when it reached a certain temperature at his house (don't remember what it was), then he switched to when the last lift stopped spinning in the east a year or two again. Then it would go back blue again when he got his first frost at his house. As SM mentioned he also changed the order of the forums, so that the non-snow based forums were at the top for the summer.

He also used to take pleasure in making sure that everyone saw the change, so sometimes he'd force everyone to the default theme when he switched to green. Just to make those of us who don't like the green suffer for that first time we logged in after the change.

You can see what the green "summer" theme is all about by going to the bottom of the page and changing the drop down box on the left from "Winter" to "Summer".

Yeah I toggled it before. So what's still out there and open? Sugarloaf is about it?

speden

Speaking of Sugarloaf, it looks like they flipped their website over to the summer green theme. The end is near...

roark

^ careful dude, you're gonna get bit with comments like that (oh, and insert obligatory tbar at tux photochop here)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Surely, you can't be serious?;)

No way was I serious. Why , so some people actually want to do that??? A huge portion of the appeal of tux is earning your turns. That was definitely a joke, I'm surprised to find out it could have been considered otherwise!

wa-loaf

^ careful dude, you're gonna get bit with comments like that (oh, and insert obligatory tbar at tux photochop here)

2tuckstbar.jpg

Doesn't go high enough though and should be replaced with a funicular.

snowmonster

No way was I serious. Why , so some people actually want to do that??? A huge portion of the appeal of tux is earning your turns. That was definitely a joke, I'm surprised to find out it could have been considered otherwise!
Have you seen the movie Airplane?

Doesn't go high enough though and should be replaced with a funicular.
Good call on the funicular because of the high winds. I would prefer a t-bar though and route it through right gully to avoid the icefall. It's also not as steep. Joe Dodge Lodge is an excellent base lodge. Run a lift through the TRT up to HoJo's. Sherburne can be your blue run. Another lift from Hojo's to the base of the bowl. Piece of cake.;)