• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New King of Spring! – Jay Peak open May 14 & 15

Magog Fishy

I thought there was something fishy happening. Jay flushed out Sugarloaf!

I am so friggin happy since I could not make it up the last two weeks, and was planning to hike-up this weekend for some final turns.

:spread::beer:

Magog Fishy

Whoops, didn't see Jay's announcement is already in King of Spring thread. Mods, feel free to combine.

gmcunni

I wouldn't count Sugarloaf out just yet. It could be an interesting weekend coming up.

FB photo declared final chair. i guess they could make a come back but they seemed to have closed the door.

- - -
Sugarloaf Mountain
Last chair today at 3:50pm. That's a wrap for 2010-11. Thank you all for another great season, and we'll see you here again real soon...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wonder how the traffic was at the Loaf this weekend?

Jay was busy and most of the folks I road with were not pass holders. From a business perspective, Jay definitely has a clear advantage being so close to Montreal.

Cornhead

I bet the Loaf has at least as much snow left as they did when I went there end of last April. I think they could open next weekend, interesting. Of course Spillway lift is no longer an option, is it?

BigJay

Wonder how the traffic was at the Loaf this weekend?

Jay was busy and most of the folks I road with were not pass holders. From a business perspective, Jay definitely has a clear advantage being so close to Montreal.

There wasn't much locals last weekend... not a lot of people from Quebec either... Most plates were from Mass and CT! (with the usual mix of NH, VT and QC plates). Haven't seen much from Ontario and NY.

My guess is that they're going for those who are use to long ski season in the NE... Jay has closed in May for the past 3-4 seasons, who noticed?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Welcome, Killington Refuges! :lol:

Their web site is reporting this is the first time they will be able to offer golf and skiing in the same weekend.

Jay is definitely showing their value as a season pass option. I will still be in exploration mode again next season knocking off "new to me" mountains. But I'll likely be back for a pass two seasons from now. Thanksgiving-May is a solid and commendable commitment.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Their web site is reporting this is the first time they will be able to offer golf and skiing in the same weekend.

Jay is definitely showing their value as a season pass option. I will still be in exploration mode again next season knocking off "new to me" mountains. But I'll likely be back for a pass two seasons from now. Thanksgiving-May is a solid and commendable commitment.

I'll say one thing for Jay, they do have a very competitive season pass price. Just wish they were closer :(

Oh, by the way, don't forget. A Killington refugee is very involved with running Jay ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member

If I lived where you do, I'd seriously consider getting both a Jay and Cannon pass. I'm a wanderer to, but $1100 for that long of a season, one place nice and close, one not too far and the most natural in New England? GREAT combination right there.

I spent about $900 on my Ragged pass and the various vouchers I used elsewhere. So, it wouldn't be much of a jump.

Treeskier

Got my 80th day in at Sugarloaf Sunday. Lots of snow. Even skied a few upper woods runs. Thought I was done.....but Jay open this weekend. Sunny on Sunday...Just may have make it 81 or 2...who knows.

Zand

Again, remind me not to miss the Triple Major Pass deadline next year! ;)

skiadikt

can't make it but kudos to jay. hopefully they'll get a good crowd.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hope the weather cooperates. Right now it looks like another week of rain starting tomorrow. This weather is getting old......

Cornhead

I'm glad I went last weekend, looked like this most of the time. It got pretty dark Saturday afternoon, but never rained.

Jay_Peak_043.JPG

I'm thinking of winding up my season at Tux next weekend. Maybe it'll be done raining by then. :roll: Anyone else planning to hit Tux next weekend? I've never been, wouldn't mind having the company of someone who knows the ropes. How will a week of rain affect the conditions at Tux? Don't imagine it could help.

I've been on work-share for about a month now, required to take one day a week off. Since there are only two people in my department, we've been alternating four day weekends. It's bitter sweet, more time to play, less money to play with. One day at Tux may be enough to kick my ass, I'm no Spring chicken. I have lost 70lbs in the last three years, but am still 30lbs from my goal. I'm pretty fit, 5' 11" 230lbs. Perhaps access via the Auto Road would be in play. Has anyone experience doing this? Any problems catching rides up, or hooking up with someone else to shuttle vehicles?

Good luck to those of you hitting Jay this weekend, hope the rain holds off for you.