• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Because kids aren't already soft enough...

Grassi21

Compromise and equity are important in so many aspects of our lives. Sports are one of the areas that is strictly win/lose.

JimG.

Staff member
Lame!

I read about this months ago. It was lame then too.

They're worried about having running time in the second half because it might cut into backups' playing time? Well, who wants to play if you aren't allowed to score? What, you're supposed to drop passes or fall down if you're in the open field?

Life comes at you hard sometimes, and it sure as hell ain't fair. Sometimes you take an ass kicking, and a big part of life is learning how to deal with it and come back from it. Bad teams are supposed to take these defeats and use them as motivation to get better.

Our society is moving into the realm of hopeless.

SkiDog

I also read about this about a month ago...I didn't want to post it anywhere becasue it disgsts me so...
How these kids ever going to learn they have to EARN THINGS IN THIS LIFE...

Its the parents I blame..the kids didnt drive this..they don't even understand it....

M

Grassi21

Lame!

I read about this months ago. It was lame then too.

They're worried about having running time in the second half because it might cut into backups' playing time? Well, who wants to play if you aren't allowed to score? What, you're supposed to drop passes or fall down if you're in the open field?

Life comes at you hard sometimes, and it sure as hell ain't fair. Sometimes you take an ass kicking, and a big part of life is learning how to deal with it and come back from it. Bad teams are supposed to take these defeats and use them as motivation to get better.

Our society is moving into the realm of hopeless.

So true. I'm very proud of my lacrosse lineage so excuse the bragging.

I played my HS ball at Yorktown HS in NY. Our program is arguably one of the best in the country. We regularly beat teams by 20+ goals year after year. We sent more kids to Div. 1 schools than most of the schools in Westchester County combined. Fast forward to 2006, Y-Town is still sick but the schools we used to beat by 20+ goals are giving us a game and in some cases beating us. John Jay Cross River is a prime example. They have beaten us 2 or 3 times in the past 15 - 20 years. They beat us this year and at one point were ranked in the top 5 in the country. Competition and ass-whoopings is what drives other programs to get better.

cbcbd

Lame, that's crap.

So much for survival of the fittest. Let all the underachievers learn to become complacent because everything will be handed to them anyway.

Ridiculous

JimG.

Staff member

I played my HS ball at Yorktown HS in NY. Our program is arguably one of the best in the country. We regularly beat teams by 20+ goals year after year. We sent more kids to Div. 1 schools than most of the schools in Westchester County combined. Fast forward to 2006, Y-Town is still sick but the schools we used to beat by 20+ goals are giving us a game and in some cases beating us. John Jay Cross River is a prime example. They have beaten us 2 or 3 times in the past 15 - 20 years. They beat us this year and at one point were ranked in the top 5 in the country. Competition and ass-whoopings is what drives other programs to get better.

I grew up in the same area (Yonkers, then Harrison); very familiar with the superior lacrosse teams in this area like Yorktown, Lakeland, John Jay, and Mahopac.

The "slaughter rule" mentality is one of the reasons I let my oldest son try out for his premier league soccer team. He got tired of having to watch as every child got to play the same amount of time and lose games because of it. On his new team, the best players play the most and the idea is to win, and win big if possible. He would rather work himself into a regular role and earn the playing time.

I'm very proud of him.

SkiDog

I remember when I was younger..teens...West Gennessee had some team..man they were like pros...

M

Grassi21

I grew up in the same area (Yonkers, then Harrison); very familiar with the superior lacrosse teams in this area like Yorktown, Lakeland, John Jay, and Mahopac.

The "slaughter rule" mentality is one of the reasons I let my oldest son try out for his premier league soccer team. He got tired of having to watch as every child got to play the same amount of time and lose games because of it. On his new team, the best players play the most and the idea is to win, and win big if possible. He would rather work himself into a regular role and earn the playing time.

I'm very proud of him.

I started playing lax in 7th grade and was selected for our town's travel team. Playing tightly contested games all over CT was what hooked me on the sport. I'm still playing today at 29 and still hate losing more than anything. My little brother started younger. In 4th grade there was no travel team. They split time equally and everyone won in the end. He put down his stick and never played again. His skills at that age were better than 99% of the kids he played with. He went on and used his athletic prowess on a skateboard but never went back to organized group sports. Sad...

SkiDog

I started playing lax in 7th grade and was selected for our town's travel team. Playing tightly contested games all over CT was what hooked me on the sport. I'm still playing today at 29 and still hate losing more than anything. My little brother started younger. In 4th grade there was no travel team. They split time equally and everyone won in the end. He put down his stick and never played again. His skills at that age were better than 99% of the kids he played with. He went on and used his athletic prowess on a skateboard but never went back to organized group sports. Sad...

I was talking UPSTATE NY sorry...they take their lacrosse seriously up there...Syracuse, Hobart....some great lax...

Love the game...played for about 10 years. Just picked up a stick with a nephew couple weeks back...I still got it ;-) may have lost a step...but..age'll do that to ya.

M

Grassi21

Ahhh West Genne. We rarely get to play them. The occasional scrimmage or back in the day before there was Class A, B, and C for lax. Did you know Y-Town snapped one of their ungodly winning streaks? I think it was the 1984 State Championship. Did you go to WG? Or a HS near there? I do have to give their program props though.

SkiDog

Ahhh West Genne. We rarely get to play them. The occasional scrimmage or back in the day before there was Class A, B, and C for lax. Did you know Y-Town snapped one of their ungodly winning streaks? I think it was the 1984 State Championship. Did you go to WG? Or a HS near there? I do have to give their program props though.

Was born in Geneva...unforunately didnt grow up there..just grandma lived in Solvay right next door and I used to watch their televised games when I was there...they were good...

Saw many a Cuse and Hobart pre season game too...Cuse....Div I...hobart Div III.....and they were greate games...I think Hobart won the DIV III championship some ungodly like 10 years in a row..I used to have t shirts...my dad went there...no the baby didnt play LAX... ;-)

M

Grassi21

Hobart was sick in their DIII days. They bumped up to DI a number of years back and haven't been the same powerhouse. They still hang out in the Top 20 of DI. Jersey lax has made a name for itself over the past 5-10 years.

SkiDog

Hobart was sick in their DIII days. They bumped up to DI a number of years back and haven't been the same powerhouse. They still hang out in the Top 20 of DI. Jersey lax has made a name for itself over the past 5-10 years.

True it has....and true about hobart...

hey yeah...yer my Trumbull boy...I lived there remember...NICE..

M

Grassi21

True it has....and true about hobart...

hey yeah...yer my Trumbull boy...I lived there remember...NICE..

M

We do love the town, but we are moving on to Southbury. We turned a decent profit on our first home and will be moving to a quieter part of CT. The house in Trumbull blends in with the other ranches on the block. Also the houses are separated by about 20 yards max.

Hawkshot99

I played Lax for Arlington, maybe a hour north of Yorktown. By the time I graduated we had had a team for maybe 8 years total, and would be a very good team in the regular season. My two years on Varsity we played Lakeland the first round of sectionals. They put a woopin on us. 21-1 the first year and 20-1 the second year.
Those schools down there are crazy good.

Grassi21

I played Lax for Arlington, maybe a hour north of Yorktown. By the time I graduated we had had a team for maybe 8 years total, and would be a very good team in the regular season. My two years on Varsity we played Lakeland the first round of sectionals. They put a woopin on us. 21-1 the first year and 20-1 the second year.
Those schools down there are crazy good.

I've played up in the Arlington area for my men's league. Lakeland has had some nasty teams over the years. But Y-Town has the lead in that head-to-head series. How many kids at your HS. I'm guessing the sports teams are Class A.

Hawkshot99

I've played up in the Arlington area for my men's league. Lakeland has had some nasty teams over the years. But Y-Town has the lead in that head-to-head series. How many kids at your HS. I'm guessing the sports teams are Class A.

Yea we are A. 3000 when i graduated in 04' and growing fast since.

What was the name of the team you played? I am pretty sure it is the team of all my coaches.

Grassi21

Yea we are A. 3000 when i graduated in 04' and growing fast since.

What was the name of the team you played? I am pretty sure it is the team of all my coaches.

We played the Hound Dogs. I think we played at the HS. We had a nice long walk back behind the school to get to the field.

Hawkshot99

We played the Hound Dogs. I think we played at the HS. We had a nice long walk back behind the school to get to the field.

Yup, I knew it was something about dogs.

I considered trying to play with them, but didnt have time. They told us how bad they get beat by all the other teams.