• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bottomless Sac

roark

I picked up the smith fuse regulators the first time around (pre bottomless) for about $30, then of course they had them for less bottomless. Whatever, I wouldn't have purchased if I didn't feel it was a good deal.

noski

No. It has to create a new thread for each product. We'll see how it goes. If it gets cluttered, I can create a sub-forum for them...

In looking at it, I think you should create a seperate section- the other Gear posts will be buried within a week. If you do that, is there a way to maybe lock or delete posts after a set number of days? They are irrelevent after a fairly short time since the product represented is no longer available.

Just my 2 cents.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
When would you need longer poles in the BC? When hiking up the mountain? My goal is to earn some turns at the local hill this spring to get ready for lax season.
no you do not need "longer" poles in the BC, you need adjustable poles. you need a longer pole when skinning but regular alpine ski legnth pole for actually skiing. helps for the pole to telescope really short (2-3') for climbing gullies. i will adjust a slight bit longer for steeper terrain, adjust slight bit shorter for bumps and flatter terrain. i almost never use adjustable touring poles when doing lift serviced, fixed legnth are definitely better suited for regular lift serviced.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
one problem with posting bottomless sac in the forums is that the links for defunt products stays on the forum. nice idea though, i like it. it is just hard to keep track of when i load up the forums and see six S&C links.

Grassi21

no you do not need "longer" poles in the BC, you need adjustable poles. you need a longer pole when skinning but regular alpine ski legnth pole for actually skiing. helps for the pole to telescope really short (2-3') for climbing gullies. i will adjust a slight bit longer for steeper terrain, adjust slight bit shorter for bumps and flatter terrain. i almost never use adjustable touring poles when doing lift serviced, fixed legnth are definitely better suited for regular lift serviced.

Good info. Thanks. I'll save those adjustables for when I can enjoy the BC.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
greg, the S&C posts in the forum are rather annoying. i bring up new posts and half the links are S&C. i do like the idea, but it seems too invasive in its current state. can you have the S&C posts not pull up in the new topics link?

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
That was interesting! :oops: Working on it...

Greg

Staff member
In looking at it, I think you should create a seperate section- the other Gear posts will be buried within a week. If you do that, is there a way to maybe lock or delete posts after a set number of days? They are irrelevent after a fairly short time since the product represented is no longer available.

Just my 2 cents.
one problem with posting bottomless sac in the forums is that the links for defunt products stays on the forum. nice idea though, i like it. it is just hard to keep track of when i load up the forums and see six S&C links.

Okay. I think I sorted it out. The SAC threads will now appear only in the Daily Gear Deals sub-forum of the Gear forum. You can choose to monitor that forum or not. I hope to add special deals from other vendors in the future. The SAC threads will lock automatically after 24 hours. I wish I could lock them after they expire, but it's not possible at this point.

greg, the S&C posts in the forum are rather annoying. i bring up new posts and half the links are S&C. i do like the idea, but it seems too invasive in its current state. can you have the S&C posts not pull up in the new topics link?
Well, the first iteration of this system was screwed up as it would pulling every item in the feed each time it checked it so there were duplicates. The SAC threads should be limited to only actual new items now. The Daily Gear Deals forum is set to sort by thread start date versus last post. I'm not sure whether this default sort will also apply to the New Posts search. Hopefully, it does. I hope this works better for you.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, here's the one week total for my Steep and Cheap shopping. I'm scared that if I'm not careful, I will go broke and my wife will take off with the UPS guy :???:

8/23 Nixon Formula Watch 53.37
8/28 Marmot Full Zip PreCip Pant - Women's 41.97
8/30 Spy Orbit Goggle 46.99

Total with shipping $142.33

Greg

Staff member
The SAC feed link URLs seem to change randomly even though the product hasn't which causes vBulletin to think it's a new product. That still results in duplicate product threads. Working with the SAC folks to sort it out...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
better now greg, thanks! theoretically, if it only posts each new item once then the threads should drop off the new post link once i have viewed new posts, which will allow me to see the updated item and then discard the thread upon revisits. i think the issue i was seeing was the duplicate pulls so i was seeing multiple listings every time i checked back. looks good!

:beer:

Greg

Staff member
Ok, so where's todays items?

Again, I'm working on it with SAC. The link URLs in their feeds ramdonly changes even if the product doesn't causing vBulletin to pull in duplicates. Working on it...

bvibert

Staff member
Again, I'm working on it with SAC. The link URLs in their feeds ramdonly changes even if the product doesn't causing vBulletin to pull in duplicates. Working on it...

I know, just busting your stones a little. ;)

Guess I forgot the ;) in the first one though... ;)