• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bottomless Sac

bvibert

Staff member
Overall, connection has been working real good since yesterday, but it did start timing out just a little while ago. Perhaps your now generating more visitors than ever b4 :)

From looking through the access logs I don't really see too much activity aside from you guys in this thread.

BTW, I told you that you couldn't set the refresh for less than 60 seconds, but you just had to try 5 anyway. Didn't you!?!? Talk about OCD! You know who you are... ;)

bvibert

Staff member
I haven't had any time out issues, but then again I set mine @ 300.

Thanks. I saw that. I figured that everyone wouldn't be as obsessive as Andy, that's why I added that option. Apparently some people [cough]name starts with an A[/cough] need to see the change every 5 seconds! :eek: :blink:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Thanks. I saw that. I figured that everyone wouldn't be as obsessive as Andy, that's why I added that option. Apparently some people [cough]name starts with an A[/cough] need to see the change every 5 seconds! :eek: :blink:

I also have ADD, and missed the part on anything less than 60 seconds :) I'm now at 300 as well since these will be here for awhile.

bvibert

Staff member
I also have ADD, and missed the part on anything less than 60 seconds :) I'm now at 300 as well since these will be here for awhile.

Damn browser just crashed and I lost my message!!! :mad:

Anyway, I was just messing with you Andy. I supposed I could allow 5 second refreshes, I just didn't want a bunch of people to be loading my site down. Of course with the small amount of data transfered that's probably not a problem anyway. I have mine set for 600 since I was away from my PC for a while. I don't think those shoes are going anywhere so I guess it doesn't matter...

roark

Guess I was wrong, not that woman's top on there now is much better. I can't even see the pics of it.. :roll:

Ladies day on SAC (since I missed the items that sold before 8AM) :roll:

The shoes suddenly disappeared (well, actually your page showed one left at one point, but something like 67 dissapeared... I could look at backcounty but I'm too lazy). It's nice they kick non-selling items but it sucks when you think you can go away for awhile...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
SAC Anonymouse

One night last week, I woke up about 2:30AM to go to the bathroom, since my PC is on 24/7, I decided to stop and see what SAC has to offer. This morning I gave my wife a good morning kiss as I do everyday, the first words out of her mouth, :What's on SAC?" I think I'm going to start SAC_Anonymouse.com. :-D Right after I see what they have to offer after the following:

SteepandCheap.com
SAC quantities remaining:

Red Tantrum Audex Helmet

Black, XL: 12 of 65

Total remaining: 12

bvibert

Staff member
One night last week, I woke up about 2:30AM to go to the bathroom, since my PC is on 24/7, I decided to stop and see what SAC has to offer. This morning I gave my wife a good morning kiss as I do everyday, the first words out of her mouth, :What's on SAC?" I think I'm going to start SAC_Anonymouse.com. :-D Right after I see what they have to offer after the following:

SteepandCheap.com
SAC quantities remaining:

Red Tantrum Audex Helmet

Black, XL: 12 of 65

Total remaining: 12

So did you make any impulse buys at 2:30? ;)

I've been waiting all day for those damn helmets to go away. This whole bottomless SAC thing is torturous! :smash:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
So did you make any impulse buys at 2:30? ;)

I've been waiting all day for those damn helmets to go away. This whole bottomless SAC thing is torturous! :smash:

No, I forget what it was that day, but nothing I was interested in. I'm not kidding, the first words out of my wife's mouth this morning"What's on SAC?"

Helmets will soon be gone!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Oh, got my goggles Thursday and shoes came in today. Haven't seen the shoes yet, but my wife assures me that they're real nice. No more deliveries scheduled, hope something good comes up next.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, working on signs that you may be a SACaholic, here's what I have so far.

Signs of a SACaholic:
- Sets alarm clock to wake up in time for first item of the day
- Is late for work due to fact that the sale item is about to change
- First action when waking up is to check SAC
- Sits at PC refreshing SAC a minimum of 192 times a day (every 5 min. for 16 hours)

roark

Stays late at work due to fact that the sale item is about to change.

Searches backcountry.com looking for potential SAC items (overstock)

Is on a first name basis with the UPS guy

Thinks in haiku