• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

gmcunni

gonna need new rubber sooner than i thought. went out in the snow tonight and had no traction at all

o3jeff

These are the days I truly miss my Jeep(s) :(

I actually miss my old Jeep and am getting an itch for something different but want to wait until February to see what I get for a new company car. If it's something decent then I'll buy something impractical for a toy!

powhunter

gonna need new rubber sooner than i thought. went out in the snow tonight and had no traction at all

Yep also remember Wranglers are pretty light weight..Took me a while to figure out how to drive in variable snow conditions..... Now I can drift around corners like a PR in a Honda Civic! You should check out the Hankook Dynapros....

Steveo

o3jeff

thanks jeff. check will be in the mail tomorrow.

mounted the rack and tested. my 84mm skis fit fine. Jake's 90s fit with no room to spare. if i get new skis in the 95 range i'll make some minor mods to accommodate them.

i had to remove the cannon sticker because i've never been there but i did add an alpinezone.com one :)

How's the rack working out?

HD333

Anybody have an opinion on the Wrangler Unlimited? Besides being a gas hog and bare bones is there anything to be aware of?
Any specific years to avoid? Known issues?

Toying with the idea of picking one up (2010 or newer) if I can find one for the right price. It would not be the family hauler more of our second car that we would use daily but not for long trips.

o3jeff

I had an 09 two door. Biggest problem I had was a leaky hard top(removable panels). I'm pretty sure the company that was making them back then went out of business. When looking at them take the tops off and look for excess foam and silicone. That is what Jeep considered the fix. Other than that they are fun, but not the best riding vehicle.

octopus

idk how i missed this thread, but heres my 06 rubicon loaded up for a trip to me and nh a couple summers ago.

octopus

it did its time as a daily driver,i still had some trail runs:). got some plans for it to become more of a toy, 35's, lift etc.

SKIQUATTRO

only issues i've had is a leaky soft top right over the door handles....i've pulled all my rugs and will bed-liner it soon....its been an awesome truck...average 20mph highway at 70mph

darent

jeep wrangler, the roaming parts store- why go to autozone for jeep parts, just borrow your neighbors for free!!

gmcunni

nice day today to drive around with the top down. doors off soon.

IMG_1311.JPG