• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pet Peeves

Black Phantom

A huge pet peeve of mine is brown nosing.

Brown Noser:

A person who acts favorably to his or her peers to gain stasis or fancy that will eventually be used to their advantage. Such as a raise, promotion, or acceptance in a group. Usually brown nosers will do anything to gain the approval of their person of choice. These people can also be described as losers because they can’t work for what they want, instead they play dirty and butter-up the boss/teacher/peer into getting what they want. Another word for this person is a shoe shiner or a rough translation of brown noser in Spanish is, an eye licker.

"Whoa, didya see jimmy washing the principal's car?? He's such a brown noser..."

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Oh man I have so many pet peeves. Probably the German in me. Although now I can't think of really that many.

One is just general shit laying around. I'm kind of a neat freak. My desk at work is always paperless and spotless. My email inbox is always organized. I'm sure its diagnosable ;)

vdk03

Oh man I have so many pet peeves. Probably the German in me. Although now I can't think of really that many.

One is just general shit laying around. I'm kind of a neat freak. My desk at work is always paperless and spotless. My email inbox is always organized. I'm sure its diagnosable ;)

Where do you do your paperwork in the office on the floor?

vdk03

I've got a few, one that gets me is poor lighting. For some reason however i stand in our kitchen I am always casting a shadow over the counters. Nothing is more frustrating to me than trying to trim up a tenderlion in the dark.:angry:

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
when someone calls me and asks me to hold on. I seem to have a recurring pattern with phone etiquette

Hawkshot99

when someone calls me and asks me to hold on. I seem to have a recurring pattern with phone etiquette

That is when the phone gets hung up. I really like now how some places will call you, and when you answer a prerecorded message will say"please hold for...." I just hang up.

drjeff

People leaving shopping carts in the middle of a parking space, when the shopping cart return corral is 10 feet away!! :mad:

People parking in the fire lane right infront of a convience store (or any store for that matter) so they can run in and get something when there's an open, regular, legal parking space 15 feet away!!

I could go on and on.... (as I'm sure we call could ;) )

o3jeff

People parking in the fire lane right infront of a convience store (or any store for that matter) so they can run in and get something when there's an open, regular, legal parking space 15 feet away!!

Don't forget the ones who park in front of the gas pump and go shop inside but don't get gas.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Don't forget the ones who park in front of the gas pump and go shop inside but don't get gas.

I've done that, but typically only when the pumps are pretty empty. If there is a line or the pumps are full I always move my car after filling up.

darent

people who pick up after their dog then leave the plastic blue bag on the side of the trail ! !