Hiking Footwear - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiking Footwear

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Stef View Post
    ^ I have a pair of asolo's to that i've been really happy with as well.. but i'm definitely looking into a lighter trail shoe/boot whatever you want to call it with good support but not so heavy.
    Me too. Hard to find a lighter shoe with decent/real support.

Which one of you are walking around in these?

2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Stef View Post
    ^ I have a pair of asolo's to that i've been really happy with as well.. but i'm definitely looking into a lighter trail shoe/boot whatever you want to call it with good support but not so heavy.
    I bought a pair of merrell Trail Gloves for a lighter pair and they are good so far. They also seem like they will be great for kayaking.

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.

I haven't logged a ton of miles with my Obozs. But I have been happy with them so far...

'04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by thorski View Post
    those look pretty sweet.... I train for my running in light sneakers (adidas zeros) but those are almost to light for me.. i scuff the top of my foot a lot and take lots of diggers haha, those five finger shoes would never work for me but i like the looks of those and I really like Merrell as a brand.

o3jeff,
    Seems like in the real outdoors they'll lose a little stability once you step/land on something not exactly dead center...y/n? Look like a paddling/boating/kayaking shoe.....
    SteveD

I think I have timberlands, that I've been using for paragliding as well for ankle protection

I had a pair of asolos a few years back that I loved. I put quite a few miles on them, even took them to the shoe repair shop when they finally blew out and got another year or so out of em. They seem awfully pricey today, and I dont really like the looks of how eyes (where the lace gets strung) are hinged, kinda looks like it could be a chink in the chain. I do like the way the merrells fit and they're not quite as pricey. I dont picture myself buying anything but a waterproof boot for hiking. Thanks for the input.

i have a pair of Salomon Quest 4D GTX and am very happy with them. i don't do ice climbing so these work for me fine. awesome support.
    gladerider

Thread Information