• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When was the last time you got in a fight?

2knees

Just saw two dudes throw down in the McDonalds parking lot over a spot. Guys roughly my age, 40ish. Very comical but incredibly pathetic too. Got me thinking what it would take for me to actually engage in that kind of thing these days. Probably nothing could get me there. Last throw down i was involved in was at a beer fest in hartford about 15 years ago. And even then, i regretted it, although the guy shoved my now wife after verbally abusing both of us for about 10 minutes.

TJ, here's a meatball for ya. don't disappoint me.

bvibert

Staff member
Man I wish I saw that (the 2 dudes in McDonalds). I guess they were really anxious to get inside for some of that fine cuisine?

Warp Daddy

On a passive level once i was in a high school basketball game against a huge rival 50 miles away , both teams were undefeated at the time and were engaged in a very close contest . the stands were HOSTILE

The game was being broadcast and my parents were listening in . I was fouled pretty hard and tripped and elbowed in the face --as I was standing on the foul line waiting for the ref to give me the ball ----ALL HELL broke loose in the stands.

People erupted onto the floor and i was whacked in the back of the head by some little ole lady swinging her Umbrella :D the radio guys described the "assault"in detail and my Mom was pissed and wanted to get in the damn car and race to the game

Damn for those of you old enough to remember "Laugh IN" this old battle axe coulda been Ruth Buzzi ------------------------------- LMAO

The game ended right there we were told to get off the floor and escape that city with our lives :D Later that yr we beat the crap outta them in our gym. Revenge was sweet ! better than any lick i might of gotten in , but there was no way in hell i was gonna swing at that old battleaxe - -she'd have "brained" me again dammit.

ctenidae

I've never been in a fight fueled by anger. I've broken up quite a few in my bartending days (well, called in the ex-Army Rangers and Marines we usually hired as bouncers), but have never hit someone out of anger. Managed to never get hit, either (6'3", 225 pounds of Ranger is a pretty good shield)

deadheadskier

Staff member
9 years ago at a bar in Ohio. Minding my own business with a girl and some drunk college kid shoved her over the table we were standing next to as he went after someone else. I took offense, went after the guy and got a pretty nice shiner from him, he got his jaw wired shut courtesy of my knee. I had an important meeting the next day for work. So, I went to the local mall and had one of the makeup ladies at the JC Penny store fix me up so I didn't look too bad. :lol:

As it turns out, the kid used to work at the restaurant I managed, but had quit a few weeks before I took the job. He told a few of my employees he was going to exact revenge, but we never crossed paths again.

Prior to that, not since High School.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I can't believe it but I've actually never been in a fight. Got real close once when I used to be a construction PM with the site superintendent, but we were separated before fists were thrown. I was really fired up, I'm pretty sure I would have kicked his ass, even having never been in a fight before. I could just feel it :) :lol:

Easy to say, right :roll:

bvibert

Staff member
When I used to be a site superintendent I almost got into a brawl with this real PITA construction PM. Lucky for him someone broke it up before I kicked his ass...

tjf67

Just saw two dudes throw down in the McDonalds parking lot over a spot. Guys roughly my age, 40ish. Very comical but incredibly pathetic too. Got me thinking what it would take for me to actually engage in that kind of thing these days. Probably nothing could get me there. Last throw down i was involved in was at a beer fest in hartford about 15 years ago. And even then, i regretted it, although the guy shoved my now wife after verbally abusing both of us for about 10 minutes.

TJ, here's a meatball for ya. don't disappoint me.

I have a lot of great fight stories I could tell.... come on over and I will share them. I refuse to contribute content with a mod like deadhead on the payroll. I will however view content cause there is a lot of good info that has been posted here over the years. Not so much anymore.

WakeboardMom

I have dealt with the after-effects of an alcohol-induced fight, and it was a terrible thing. My third son had a such a badly swollen black eye that it looked like he had a baseball under his skin.

The three boys were at a NYE party and some drunken idiot made a stupid remark to the youngest, my son retorted, they shoved each other, and my kid fell off a balcony. HIs two older brothers did not take lightly to that. I was told that as bad as my kid looked, the other kid was outta work for several days. Not a good idea to pick a fight with someone who's brothers have had too much to drink.

The boys were all leaving the next day for CO to ski for a week. Number 3 wasn't 21. It was sad and scary. Not cool at all. I hope I never have to see anything like it again.