• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Suggestions / tips for riding out a wheelie

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Any tips for riding out a wheelie? Do you sit/ stand? How fast do you go to pop one and in what gear?

I've had good rides before but ultimately I just lose it and fall forwards or backwards. I've always been leary of clipping in as well in case I flip backwards :lol:

o3jeff

5095935094_19c0b4bd87_z.jpg
[/IMG]

o3jeff

I really have nothing to add to this thread, that was probably my 10 try at doing one for Brian to get a picture of!

bvibert

Staff member
Sorry for the derail. :dunce:

I'm lucky if I can get my wheel 2 inches off the ground when I try to do a wheelie.

tjf67

Any tips for riding out a wheelie? Do you sit/ stand? How fast do you go to pop one and in what gear?

I've had good rides before but ultimately I just lose it and fall forwards or backwards. I've always been leary of clipping in as well in case I flip backwards :lol:

Sit, stand it does not matter it more about balance The trick is to learn how to use the back break. I would practice on grass. It is easier going faster but hurts more when you screw it up.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
That's a good point. I think I've rarely used the back brake, I try to ride it by just keeping that line going between pedaling harder or slower to keep it up, I've never actually used the back brake other than to drop out of the wheelie really quickly.